Old 11-15-2012, 09:44 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 80
Buy the mahal, you will not be disapointed or go back.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:14 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SERE Nate View Post
I think that I'm going to try out the prodiscus one. Where is the best place to get one? Anyone have a used one for sale? I have a Revo DP for trade plus cash or discs. Let me know!
You could also contact Kai if you wanted a new one
Old 11-15-2012, 10:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 199
Mahal is what you need. I use without side pockets, amd still have plenty of room. With those pockets opened it is huge. I only use like tht once a year or so. It can be huge. But it is comfortable and builtlime a tank. Best, most versatile bag I have seen. Yolk system will also fit you like a glove. Grip looks good, but more a generic bag made for DG. Mahal is designed to fit and feel like a custom bag.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:54 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHFH
Build It !

U really sound like the kind of guy that will look at everything , and KNOW u can build something more appropriate for your round of DG !

I'm in love with the Chally pack , but I'm trying to step up to playing tourneys and fit in with the chillas ! Really hope Santa got my note and has ordered me a RED and WHITE CHALLY !

You should search the homemade bag forum , theres a couple of good ideas for modifying a Cabellas fishing pack into a decent beer/disc pack . More ideas for an internal frame so u can sit on top of it . Had to build my own and it works great , but now I want a smaller pack ! Really should take photos but I'm packing for a move so computer is packed !

Good luck , search the forums !
Old 11-19-2012, 03:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Chally backpack response

I'm not trying to thread drift just responding to some of the comments from Physical Flight bag owners...

Guys I enjoyed reading reviews of our Physical Flight Chally Bag in comparison with the other bags and its pros and cons. As most of our bag owners know we use the best materials available and are continuing to find ways to better our product. We will now begin adding custom zipper pulls (free with each bag purchase) that match the color of each of our bags as well as offering our new matching aluminum frame (only weighs 11 ounces) for our bags for only $30 extra which comes with the same lifetime warranty that our bag has. The Chally bag comes with a soft internal frame standard but for those that want to carry 30+ discs the aluminum frame is a great upgrade to alleviate any worries of the bag tipping over or losing rigidity. Our touring pros agree its the best frame/bag on the market and half of our guys switched from carrying a Grip so thats saying alot. Also continue to check out our website because we will update with pictures of our frames and what bags we have in stock. You can also get custom Chally bag colors for just the cost of fabric which is usually $25 extra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordEzo View Post
U really sound like the kind of guy that will look at everything , and KNOW u can build something more appropriate for your round of DG !

I'm in love with the Chally pack , but I'm trying to step up to playing tourneys and fit in with the chillas ! Really hope Santa got my note and has ordered me a RED and WHITE CHALLY !

You should search the homemade bag forum , theres a couple of good ideas for modifying a Cabellas fishing pack into a decent beer/disc pack . More ideas for an internal frame so u can sit on top of it . Had to build my own and it works great , but now I want a smaller pack ! Really should take photos but I'm packing for a move so computer is packed !

Good luck , search the forums !

Last edited by kilgus; 11-19-2012 at 03:59 PM. Reason: proof read
Old 11-19-2012, 09:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.5
Courses Played: 101
I have a brand new Gateway Mini Backpack. Never been used. Retail days $115. I let it go $85 shipped. It has 4 bottle holders and is built for 24 discs plus has putter pockets.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
I'm a fan if the GB Simian. Tons of storage space and I can sit on it. USA handmade.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadjo View Post
I have a brand new Gateway Mini Backpack. Never been used. Retail days $115. I let it go $85 shipped. It has 4 bottle holders and is built for 24 discs plus has putter pockets.
You'd have better luck in the marketplacel
Old 11-19-2012, 10:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.5
Courses Played: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve a View Post
You'd have better luck in the marketplacel
Yep. Just was reading and thought I'd share. Not really looking to sell it...but I would if someone were interested.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:15 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 38
Throwing Style: RHBH
For quality I would go with the Mahal. Nothing comes close to the quality material put in this bag. You can fit 15 discs in the main compartment and then use the adjustable side pockets to fit all your needs. The Grip is by far the best in the design dept. It will fit your disc needs, but as for storage, it might not do the trick. I just picked up the Prodiscus bag (Marshall St. for $269.). It's a nice bag and the storage is better than the Grip, bit I'm already having issues with the zippers locking up and I don't like the fact it's made of nylon instead of being treated (Cordura). So I question it's durability, but I've only had it for a few days. Right now I'm sporting the Mahal, because of the exra disc space. However, it's just OK in the design dept. To me it's a backpack that they tried to turn into a disc golf bag. While the Grip was disgned with disc golf in mind. I guess if I had to choose only one, I'd have to go with the Mahal. Even though the Grip is my favorite....I know, odd remark, but I could live with the Mahal's short comings in the design dept. Since it gives me plenty of room for my needs and once again. This thing is over engineered big time.