#21  
Old 11-21-2012, 11:31 AM
jobwilson's Avatar
jobwilson jobwilson is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Henderson, KY
Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 924
I was talking with a few guys, and we all seemed to agree that Hobson isn't really a good course for an Advanced A-Tier. We all came to the agreement that swapping it with Ephram White would make a better fit, as it's more of a championship caliber course.

I know that the status quo has been to put a long open course (Phil Moore/White), a meadows course (Kereiakes/Lovers), a wooded shorty (Hobson/Miller) and a fourth (not sure how to categorize Tech/Griffin/Chalybeate). From my perspective though, Moore/White/Kereiakes/Tech would make a more competitive advanced group. There's a lot of luck on those tighter, wooded courses.

Anyone else have thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB553 View Post
The Bowling Green Disc Golf Club look forward to hosting another great event - a week long if you take in all activities!

The plan is to mirrow last years event, so go to http://www.bluegrassdiscgolf.org/BowlingGreen.html to get an idea of the schedule and etc. A few course changes may take place if rivers rise (Phil Moore Park), someone schedules a run on top of us (Griffin Park), but we want to showcase advanced, so they do get the courses that should promote the best all around play.

I will post here the date that we will open registration, but wanted to give as much notice as I could so players can plan vacations and lodging for next spring.

Same weekend as Glass Blown - both events had facilities reserved a year in advance, but Dynamic Disc is still planning on being at Wha Bah's for the week supporting Bowling Green.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-21-2012, 12:05 PM
jcrab66's Avatar
jcrab66 jcrab66 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Avon, IN
Years Playing: 18.1
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 1,648
if putting MA1 on that course means I wont have to play it then my feelings will not be hurt in the least...
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-21-2012, 12:30 PM
topdog's Avatar
topdog topdog is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Orangevale Ca
Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 162
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobwilson View Post
I was talking with a few guys, and we all seemed to agree that Hobson isn't really a good course for an Advanced A-Tier. We all came to the agreement that swapping it with Ephram White would make a better fit, as it's more of a championship caliber course.

I know that the status quo has been to put a long open course (Phil Moore/White), a meadows course (Kereiakes/Lovers), a wooded shorty (Hobson/Miller) and a fourth (not sure how to categorize Tech/Griffin/Chalybeate). From my perspective though, Moore/White/Kereiakes/Tech would make a more competitive advanced group. There's a lot of luck on those tighter, wooded courses.

Anyone else have thoughts?
Then this just means that whoever throws the longest will win.
I wouldnt want to play two long wide open courses.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-21-2012, 12:32 PM
skottyb's Avatar
skottyb skottyb is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: So. Indiana
Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 52
Posts: 866
Send a message via Yahoo to skottyb
I personally like Hobson in the mix for MA1, it's a classic, that and I shoot well at tight wooded courses! haha!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-21-2012, 02:18 PM
jobwilson's Avatar
jobwilson jobwilson is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Henderson, KY
Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 924
You can have Miller

I'm not going to lie, this is fairly self-serving, as I LOVE Hobson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skottyb View Post
I personally like Hobson in the mix for MA1, it's a classic, that and I shoot well at tight wooded courses! haha!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-21-2012, 02:46 PM
skottyb's Avatar
skottyb skottyb is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: So. Indiana
Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 52
Posts: 866
Send a message via Yahoo to skottyb
Come play MA1 Job
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-21-2012, 03:27 PM
wake911 wake911 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 44
Posts: 1,181
I'll be MA1, hopefully i'll actually be playing well by April so I don't waste all that money like i've been doing the past 4 tournaments, haha.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-21-2012, 03:32 PM
1978 1978 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Charlotte, Nc
Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 155
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,810
Yea MA1 playing Hobson is great and we played tech last year. Hobson messed up a lot of players that cannot putt or hit a line. I think it is a great course to test those skills.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-21-2012, 03:46 PM
wake911 wake911 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 44
Posts: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1978 View Post
Yea MA1 playing Hobson is great and we played tech last year. Hobson messed up a lot of players that cannot putt or hit a line. I think it is a great course to test those skills.
Which honestly, as long as it is a "Fair" course, meaning great shots aren't punished by luck. Then i'm all for making it difficult. This is a big tourney, with great players. If yo ucan't compete, you don't deserve to win....This coming from a guy who is HORRIBLE in the woods, being raised on open big arm courses.
Reply With Quote
 

  #30  
Old 11-28-2012, 11:51 PM
topdog's Avatar
topdog topdog is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Orangevale Ca
Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 162
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 188
Man I wish these wernt the dates as now I wont be able to go since this is the same weekend and the Masters Cup in Santa Cruz. Three big A tier AM events on the same weekend that is just wrong.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.