Old 11-21-2012, 11:31 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHBH
I was talking with a few guys, and we all seemed to agree that Hobson isn't really a good course for an Advanced A-Tier. We all came to the agreement that swapping it with Ephram White would make a better fit, as it's more of a championship caliber course.

I know that the status quo has been to put a long open course (Phil Moore/White), a meadows course (Kereiakes/Lovers), a wooded shorty (Hobson/Miller) and a fourth (not sure how to categorize Tech/Griffin/Chalybeate). From my perspective though, Moore/White/Kereiakes/Tech would make a more competitive advanced group. There's a lot of luck on those tighter, wooded courses.

Anyone else have thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB553 View Post
The Bowling Green Disc Golf Club look forward to hosting another great event - a week long if you take in all activities!

The plan is to mirrow last years event, so go to http://www.bluegrassdiscgolf.org/BowlingGreen.html to get an idea of the schedule and etc. A few course changes may take place if rivers rise (Phil Moore Park), someone schedules a run on top of us (Griffin Park), but we want to showcase advanced, so they do get the courses that should promote the best all around play.

I will post here the date that we will open registration, but wanted to give as much notice as I could so players can plan vacations and lodging for next spring.

Same weekend as Glass Blown - both events had facilities reserved a year in advance, but Dynamic Disc is still planning on being at Wha Bah's for the week supporting Bowling Green.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:05 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.1
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: LHBH
if putting MA1 on that course means I wont have to play it then my feelings will not be hurt in the least...
Old 11-21-2012, 12:30 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobwilson View Post
I was talking with a few guys, and we all seemed to agree that Hobson isn't really a good course for an Advanced A-Tier. We all came to the agreement that swapping it with Ephram White would make a better fit, as it's more of a championship caliber course.

I know that the status quo has been to put a long open course (Phil Moore/White), a meadows course (Kereiakes/Lovers), a wooded shorty (Hobson/Miller) and a fourth (not sure how to categorize Tech/Griffin/Chalybeate). From my perspective though, Moore/White/Kereiakes/Tech would make a more competitive advanced group. There's a lot of luck on those tighter, wooded courses.

Anyone else have thoughts?
Then this just means that whoever throws the longest will win.
I wouldnt want to play two long wide open courses.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:32 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 52
Send a message via Yahoo to skottyb
I personally like Hobson in the mix for MA1, it's a classic, that and I shoot well at tight wooded courses! haha!
Old 11-21-2012, 02:18 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 72
You can have Miller

I'm not going to lie, this is fairly self-serving, as I LOVE Hobson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skottyb View Post
I personally like Hobson in the mix for MA1, it's a classic, that and I shoot well at tight wooded courses! haha!
Old 11-21-2012, 02:46 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 52
Send a message via Yahoo to skottyb
Come play MA1 Job
Old 11-21-2012, 03:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 44
I'll be MA1, hopefully i'll actually be playing well by April so I don't waste all that money like i've been doing the past 4 tournaments, haha.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 155
Yea MA1 playing Hobson is great and we played tech last year. Hobson messed up a lot of players that cannot putt or hit a line. I think it is a great course to test those skills.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1978 View Post
Yea MA1 playing Hobson is great and we played tech last year. Hobson messed up a lot of players that cannot putt or hit a line. I think it is a great course to test those skills.
Which honestly, as long as it is a "Fair" course, meaning great shots aren't punished by luck. Then i'm all for making it difficult. This is a big tourney, with great players. If yo ucan't compete, you don't deserve to win....This coming from a guy who is HORRIBLE in the woods, being raised on open big arm courses.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:51 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 162
Man I wish these wernt the dates as now I wont be able to go since this is the same weekend and the Masters Cup in Santa Cruz. Three big A tier AM events on the same weekend that is just wrong.