Old 10-07-2012, 03:26 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
back off!!!!
Never! You stay away MrGlass! You need to save up your money for the new Air Saints that are coming out
Old 11-24-2012, 12:22 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 15
necro bump.

should i try the TD...

i want a disc between a striker and a RR. i was thinking TL or leopard but i think the TD might be worth trying.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:15 AM
Eagle Member

Not a fan of the TD. The one I had was a C-TD though. Anyway, it was as stable as a CD, definitely not a "turning driver". It also had mediocre glide and limited distance, even for a speed 10. So many other choices in that speed-stability range will outperform the TD. It doesn't generate a whole lot of interest, or sell very well, so that should be clue number 1. Just get a Roadrunner for that slot...great disc.

The Saint, on the other hand, is a winner. As someone else mentioned, the notorious Lat 64 glide seems to only kick in beyond a certain point, like a 2nd gear. It responds well to snap and spin, not power, as is the case with most narrow rimmed drivers.

Other attributes of the Saint are the incredible control and overall straight flight with tiny fade when thrown flat. This is one of the few truly straight discs, IMO. Hyzers tend to be mild sweeping hyzers that give a little more distance as a result.

I use mine as a 'control driver' for fade and hyzer drives. The Saint is not a disc that will bomb, but is capable of more distance than others in its class, save maybe the FD. The Saint is another winner from Lat 64.

Last edited by Wanderer; 11-24-2012 at 01:17 AM.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:33 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnino View Post
necro bump.

should i try the TD...

i want a disc between a striker and a RR. i was thinking TL or leopard but i think the TD might be worth trying.
I think you should. The TD is one of the best discs to come out in a while. Its a better TL so if you were thinking going that route try an STD. I'm not a big fan of the glide on Lat discs. Some people are and some are not. I prefer point and shoot and the TD does that very well. Its a much better disc in the wind.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:06 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnino View Post
necro bump.

should i try the TD...

Been using the TD a while now and I still love this disc! I have since picked up 2 C-TD (nonplus) and another S. To me it's what I wanted the Saint to be. A stable driver with a nice forward penetrating fade. The Saint (all 6 versions I had) had more turn and basically no fade. I have a domey GL River that has more stability and glide than any of the Saints I owned.

I think the TD would fit nicely between the RR and Striker. Saint must not be working in that spot for you elnino?
Old 11-24-2012, 10:14 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by discddwn View Post
Been using the TD a while now and I still love this disc! I have since picked up 2 C-TD (nonplus) and another S. To me it's what I wanted the Saint to be. A stable driver with a nice forward penetrating fade. The Saint (all 6 versions I had) had more turn and basically no fade. I have a domey GL River that has more stability and glide than any of the Saints I owned.

I think the TD would fit nicely between the RR and Striker. Saint must not be working in that spot for you elnino?
Thats interesting, I have had a completely opposite experience with my Saints and my River. My GL River flips on me all the time. I just got a 167 GL Saint, because I loved my Opto so much. I can put the saints out 300-350 with pretty good consistency. I would say try them both and see what works for you.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:12 PM
Eagle Member

River's stability is all over the place, in my experience. I had a low 160's GL that was very flippy and useless into a headwind. Had a domey 169g orange Opto that was quite stable with a lot of fade, and hard to turn at all. Finally had a 165g Opto that was flat and flippier than the lightweight GL, again basically useless in the wind.

Great glide on all Rivers though, that is their main attribute. But they aren't reliable, certainly not as a 'control driver, IMO. Good for easy distance in calm conditions mainly.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:36 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed2020 View Post
Thats interesting, I have had a completely opposite experience with my Saints and my River. My GL River flips on me all the time. I just got a 167 GL Saint, because I loved my Opto so much. I can put the saints out 300-350 with pretty good consistency. I would say try them both and see what works for you.

Oh I have flippy Rivers as well. The flat top white GL's are flippy and will hold a turn to the ground unless I hyzer flip them. Then it's just a nice turn with a straight finish. Optos tend to be very straight flyers. Domey Rivers are the most stable but not necessarily what I look for in a River. To me I just didn't see enough difference to keep the Saint in with the Rivers. And having put more time in with the River it won out. The TD on the other hand fits in nicely between my Rivers and PD's. To each his own I guess.

Old 11-25-2012, 12:55 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 15
also how low does the star TD go weight wise?