Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

View Poll Results: What new MVP disc do you want next?
Understable Putter 23 10.85%
Overstable/fast Putter 16 7.55%
Understable Mid 33 15.57%
Faster(maybe small diameter) straight mid 8 3.77%
Faster(maybe small diameter) overstable mid 13 6.13%
Understable control driver 64 30.19%
Overstable control/utility driver 51 24.06%
Distance driver 61 28.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2012, 02:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
I still think they should make at least one other color for the overmold. I'd go with blue.
My $0.02 on different colored overmolds and consistency is that as long as each color had a consistent flight it would be ok. What I mean is that if they started making red overmolds, if every Ion with a red overmold flew similar it would be ok(consistent,) even if they flew a little different then the black overmolds.

Another thing they could do with different color overmolds, if they decide to make lower weight discs, is that they could use a different color overmold to differentiate them from the heavier discs. For example they could make a grey overmold and lighten the overmold up enough to make discs from 160-167g(not sure how light they can go.) Then if you had a Vector with a grey overmold you would know that it may fly different, since it is lighter. But as long as all Vectors with the grey overmold flew the same you would still have consistency.

It's just a thought. Though I do expect at least a little hate.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2012, 03:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 1
I think you are spot on rocthecourse.

Just because another color would potentially give a slightly different flight pattern, doesn't mean that's a bad thing.

If players knew that blue meant understable, it would still be consistent across the molds, and we'd all be ok with buying blue overmolds, knowing that they'd fly differently. Or overstable, or light, or whatever it may be.

It's a prety well known fact that Eclipse flies differently than the black overmold. IMO, adding one more color choice for the overmold is not going to hurt the company's reputation in any way.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:01 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 24
I originally voted for understable control driver, but after reading the comments about Volt, I am going to vote for overstable control driver to compliment the Volts. However both might be in works right now as they could share Volt's mold one way or another. One more week or so for Volts!
Old 11-26-2012, 10:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Wow...It looks like MVP may be reading this considering they released their "understable control driver" next after the Volt, which is what our poll overwhelmingly communicated as our desire.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:37 PM
Reptilian Disc Golf

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 14
Next up......Overstable Control Driver. Bring on the MVP Predator-like Disc!!!
Old 11-27-2012, 05:16 PM
Wizard of Plastic Land

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
Wow...It looks like MVP may be reading this considering they released their "understable control driver" next after the Volt, which is what our poll overwhelmingly communicated as our desire.
34% isn't what I'd call "overwhelming" but it was the majority and it's cool (and not a stretch at all considering the popularity of DGCR) that companies like MVP are doing their homework. It's also not a stretch that releasing an understable control driver was already on their to do list. Given how long they worked on the Volt before release, I'd bet they were already working on the Amp before this thread was put together. Still cool though.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

I honestly want to see some sort of hybrid driver/putter. One side is a driver, then when you flip it over, it becomes the best putter.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Depth View Post
I honestly want to see some sort of hybrid driver/putter. One side is a driver, then when you flip it over, it becomes the best putter.
You would have to have a section that was a mid-range also. That way 1-disc wonders would be able to have an entire bag!
Old 11-27-2012, 07:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtreadwell View Post
34% isn't what I'd call "overwhelming" but it was the majority and it's cool (and not a stretch at all considering the popularity of DGCR) that companies like MVP are doing their homework. It's also not a stretch that releasing an understable control driver was already on their to do list. Given how long they worked on the Volt before release, I'd bet they were already working on the Amp before this thread was put together. Still cool though.
I don't really think MVP makes their release decisions based on DGCR poll...I just thought it was an interesting coincidence and MVP probably at least noticed it.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtreadwell View Post
34% isn't what I'd call "overwhelming" but it was the majority and it's cool (and not a stretch at all considering the popularity of DGCR) that companies like MVP are doing their homework.
It has a plurality of the vote, not a majority.

I'm excited to get mine and see how the molds are, even if I probably won't throw them for awhile (a freakishly warm winter day?).