Disc Golf Store
Old 11-26-2012, 07:31 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
Or not. According to USPS my expected delivery date was the 25th.

But it's still sitting at the sorting facility as of 5:44pm today. Priority mail my ass.

I live about 20 minutes from GGGT, but due to my schedule I ordered online, and apparently it takes USPS 6 days to get it to my door since they hold it in their sorting facility since friday morning.

So they didn't even move it all day today? I should have paid extra for UPS...
Old 11-27-2012, 01:18 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 38
Played a round at truckee river dgc yesterday, threw my orange flx atleast 30 times. They are very overstable. I would say the most os out of any of the bangers, and I have several of each to compare. Very grippy which is what I like about the softs, but they get flippy really quick. I think I see a life long relation ship building here.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 12
The FLX ones are less stable then I thought they would've been. The Z ones are money! Purchased two of each, already sold the FLX kept the Z. Now if they could only do this sort of thing with the Ringer, I'd purchase stacks of them. STACKS I SAY!
Old 11-27-2012, 08:28 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 15
Got my Bangers today!

The Cryztal FLX feels great in the hands! The slight squishiness adds a lot of comfort but is rigid enough to sustain its profile.

My Yellow Z's do not feel noticeably domier than the FLX, either. Great looking / feeling Z plastic here. Reminds me of the quality found in my LE Z Challengers, not the garbage seen in my pearly Z Pred.

Anyway.. Here are some pics!
Old 11-27-2012, 09:34 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 1
I want cryztal flx Rhynos. You read that right. Make it happen.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:19 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 40
I picked up a pink/watermelon flx banger today. It feels nice and it is very flat.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 7
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkosk View Post
Got my Bangers today!

The Cryztal FLX feels great in the hands! The slight squishiness adds a lot of comfort but is rigid enough to sustain its profile.

My Yellow Z's do not feel noticeably domier than the FLX, either. Great looking / feeling Z plastic here. Reminds me of the quality found in my LE Z Challengers, not the garbage seen in my pearly Z Pred.

Anyway.. Here are some pics!
I saw some just like these at a Play I Again sports. They were selling for about 30 bucks. I had been wanting to try some Bangers after holding one that had been donated to a group that introduces kids to disc golf. $30.00 seemed a little steep for me. But also, they felt different from the one I had held before. Indeed they felt a lot domier. I wound up ordering some Pro D Bangers during the black friday sales, and they certainly are a lot flatter. I've never thrown the domier Bangers, so I don't know how they fly. But the flatter one's feel better in my hand. Anyway, all that was leading up to some questions: Do Bangers come in various degrees of dominess? Is it just the Z or Crystal Bangers or are others more domie as well? I like my Pro D Banger enough that I might consider getting it in a premium plastic eventually, but I would prefer to get it from the same mold as my current Pro D. Is that possible, or are all the premiums domie? Thanks.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Wizard of Plastic Land

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micronaut View Post
I saw some just like these at a Play I Again sports. They were selling for about 30 bucks. I had been wanting to try some Bangers after holding one that had been donated to a group that introduces kids to disc golf. $30.00 seemed a little steep for me. But also, they felt different from the one I had held before. Indeed they felt a lot domier. I wound up ordering some Pro D Bangers during the black friday sales, and they certainly are a lot flatter. I've never thrown the domier Bangers, so I don't know how they fly. But the flatter one's feel better in my hand. Anyway, all that was leading up to some questions: Do Bangers come in various degrees of dominess? Is it just the Z or Crystal Bangers or are others more domie as well? I like my Pro D Banger enough that I might consider getting it in a premium plastic eventually, but I would prefer to get it from the same mold as my current Pro D. Is that possible, or are all the premiums domie? Thanks.
All the Pro D, Soft, and new run Z and Flx bagers have felt pretty much the same to me. I would recommend starting with the softs or pro D and if you like them invest in either a new run cryztal flx from Gottagogottathrow or Dynamic discs (cheaper than 30$) or an ESP one (OOP but easy to find). Make sure the groove and you get along before paying up though!