Disc Golf Store
Old 11-04-2012, 09:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by booter View Post
got my first pure ace today straight to the right of the pin and faded right at the end to hit center. LOVE THE OPTO PURE!
Only one?? I have three with mine Jk
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2012, 07:33 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 14
I picked up some Eze Pures and after one day of throwing I can say that I will have an Opto before the end of the month. The Eze plastic beats in quick but they drive very well with little effort. I still love driving with Ions but these are great as well. I wish I had tried them sooner.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:14 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 18
what does the baseline plastic feel like in comparison to dx or pro-d?
Old 11-14-2012, 12:17 AM
Eagle Member

I have a 2nd run test material pure. It is firm, super grippy. As soon as I picked it up Ihad to have it, BTW it's still in the bag after 6 months awesome upshot disc plus it sticks since it's more supple than opto.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:24 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Threw a sweet lazer with my pink Opto Pure on a downhill hole on Sunday. Just a bit of anny and it kept the line the whole flight and smacked right in the middle of the pole. My next ace will be with the Opto Pure, you beauty
Old 12-01-2012, 03:46 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 2
My first Opto Pure came in the mail earlier this week. I took it out the other day to try it out and was shocked. I was having trouble being accurate with it because it flies so much further than any other putter I've thrown! This thing flies 30-40ft further easy, it's more like a midrange than putter. Definitely dig booter's description of a mini-Buzzz. I threw it 330ft on an open hole! Incredible disc, it lives up to the hype for sure!
Old 12-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 62
that's why i stopped throwing it and the warship...had trouble hitting the right distance with them. i know what i can pump a wizard and buzzz out to, and the opto pure and warship bled too much into my mids and fairways for my liking. great disc though, but i never really threw it a lot when it was in the bag.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dehaas View Post
that's why i stopped throwing it and the warship...had trouble hitting the right distance with them. i know what i can pump a wizard and buzzz out to, and the opto pure and warship bled too much into my mids and fairways for my liking. great disc though, but i never really threw it a lot when it was in the bag.
I stopped throwing a Warship for that reason. I had a Buzzz and a River, the Warship was far too much overlap. Although I love my Opto Pure. My Buzzz is straight out and light fade at the end. If I don't have a slight hyzer angle to work with, I have to gun the chains to keep it straight on target. The Opto Pure lets me approach 100' shots point-and-shoot.

Honestly, with the Opto Pure and the Trident in my bag, the Buzzz is the only true Mid I carry anymore.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 199
HHHMMM??

Quote:
Originally Posted by dehaas View Post
Maybe you just need better fairways.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 14
So, I my Opto is in the mail and I am excited. I threw three shots on this hole today during a short game (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/media....ole=10&page=1#)

My first shot was a fairway driver going for the ace. No luck. The second shot was a huge hyzer at it, because why not? Then I picked up my EZE Pure and threw a stand-still drive and parked it. This hole plays about three forty to three fifty. I was pumped.