Disc Golf Store
Old 12-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
I say get an x buzz. I carry an esp for straight/slight hyzer shots and a beat in x buzz for turnovers. It did not take very long for the x to get beat in how I want it and it has stayed how I want it without getting too flippy for over a year now.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:21 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 5
I had a 170g esp flx that flew how you describe.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 53
PLH. Parting Line Height. I've never looked at PLH on Buzzzes. I've never had a problem with them to where I thought PLH was an issue.

I'm in the exact same boat you are. Like. EXACT. I went with the X Buzzz, it just came in the mail. It has a slightly higher shoulder as mentioned, but I've seen domier Z Buzzzes (the purple ones!). The X plastic feels quite nice, has a good grip to it, and feels like a Buzzz.

I'll probably keep the Fuse in the bag. I've tried Meteors, Stingrays and Buzzz SSs, and the Fuse is the best at this shot, with the additional advantage of feeling pretty buzzz-like in the hand. I've been getting some surprsingly stable shots from mine lately though... I'm not accustomed to getting 250' slight hyzer shots that don't turn at all... It was flippin for me today, though.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 45
I picked up one of those LE Cryztal Buzzz misprints from Dynamic and it's more understable than my FLX and Z Buzzzes are. I think it's an SS though. You might look into that. I don't really carry my Cryztal because I have a Comet and a Fuse (with the Comet being more forgiving believe it or not), but it could fit what you're looking at.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:01 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHFH
Cooter-
I've heard that before about the colors. However, I only buy them in pink, so I would never have found that out on my own
Old 12-01-2012, 08:05 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 28
Ok let me go ahead and give my opinion on this. I have to agree with the buzzz ss people. I have 2 of these and they are the only mids I carry. They can do it all, if I throw them hard i can throw hyzer flips and anhyzers, and I can put it on an anny line and it will hold it. I think it's the perfect disc for what you're looking for.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:06 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 34
I use a glo buzz for what you are talking about, but to be fair there is probably some OAT or over torquing when doing so. Also it's beat to hell and back. I love all things esp plastic, and my esp surges are great for hyzerflips and turnover shots when broken in enough.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpgauthier View Post
Why not just get a Buzzz SS and a bit lighter weight if you're stuck on a Buzzz? Or, you can do like I did and buy an Element that will do exactly what you want but fly another 30' past your Buzzz.
You said it! I carry a Z Buzzz for super straight & HPP Elements for turnovers. Find a flat, gummy one, smack a couple trees, & they are turnover machines. Flat release & they will hold the turn to the ground. A little hyzer it fliips up, tracks right, & barely fades at the end. Super underrated mold IMHO
Old 12-01-2012, 09:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by curveball4 View Post
You said it! I carry a Z Buzzz for super straight & HPP Elements for turnovers. Find a flat, gummy one, smack a couple trees, & they are turnover machines. Flat release & they will hold the turn to the ground. A little hyzer it fliips up, tracks right, & barely fades at the end. Super underrated mold IMHO
hmmmmmm.... never really thrown anything from Gateway, (save for a Wizard). Perhaps I should give it a try?

Old 12-01-2012, 09:53 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by mndiscg View Post
Or a Buzzz SS. Slightly different mold but it can do everything a Buzzz can do and more. I'm surprised it doesn't get more love.
Ditto, awesome disc. I'm a half-cooked noodle arm (i.e. I can get some distance, but not big distance) and I am flirting with 300' with my Buzzz SS on an anhyzer.

Last edited by theabacus; 12-01-2012 at 09:56 PM.