Old 12-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfpro View Post
When I was looking at those two bags, someone told me the deluxe isn't as good for DG. I believe that the bottom section of the deluxe carries 3 tackle boxes while the regular holds 4. If you plan on using as described with discs vertical in the bottom section, the opening may not be big enough. I have the bag and love it. You probably don't have as much room for miscellaneous items in the regular compared to the deluxe, but IMO, the trade of space for ease of disc access is worth it.
Thank you. That's exactly what I wanted to hear. I really only was looking at the deluxe because of the color. I live in eugene, oregon and am an avid oregon ducks hater ( USC fan here) so I didn't want to be confused as a duck fan. Lol.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 167
The std Cabela's bag is pretty much the same size as a Grip, with similar capacity for discs on the bottom of both.

Several people have posted in this thread that they are happy with the deluxe, and I'm glad they're happy with their purchase. But having taken a good look at both styles, I have to agree I agree with pfpro: the std bag fits discs better on the bottom, while the deluxe has more compartments for miscellania.

just my $.02 worth.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:04 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 16
Much appreciated guys. I'm going to pull the trigger on the standard. Not a fan of green but I'm sure I will live. Thanks
Old 12-02-2012, 12:54 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 17
I wish they would make these in red or OSHA orange or some other color than mallard's a$$ green.

Mine is finally starting to detonate after one year...but I am notoriously HARD on equipment
And I am sure I can get one to two more years out of it.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:02 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 127
ok ... so after my 1st day playing with this bag I completely LOVE it. It's MUCH easier on my back than traditional bags. My only complaint is something I caused by making the frame shorter (I shortened it to 7" so it was easier to fit in the bag) it's hard to get discs in and out when it's full of discs. I took a few out and you can then turn the discs slightly on the side to get them out ... when it's full of discs you need to kind of bend them a bit to get them through the frame. I'm gonna go get some more PVC and see if I can't fit a little taller frame in there .... other than that this thing rocks
Old 12-02-2012, 09:20 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 8
DiscDog, did you make a full box frame with a top as well? If you check out post #62, you can make a frame that only has a bottom and sides and it works, that way you don't have any pvc bar along the top preventing your discs from being taken out. Plus the top-back of the frame doesnt put a bar across the middle of your back.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:06 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by throwfromthewoods View Post
DiscDog, did you make a full box frame with a top as well? If you check out post #62, you can make a frame that only has a bottom and sides and it works, that way you don't have any pvc bar along the top preventing your discs from being taken out. Plus the top-back of the frame doesnt put a bar across the middle of your back.
yea I may try that as well. I don't really feel the bar across my back though. I'm thinking I might actually use a T and have a bar across the top through the middle of the frame just so there is support for the pocket above.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 167
I use the frame Fred Vegas shows in this post. Provides a bit of support for the top compartment without obstructing disc access on bottom. "Bar across middle of back" not an issue at all - never even aware of it when I wear the backpack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredVegasDGC View Post
So my backpack came in today and I made a frame for the discs...

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 12-02-2012 at 10:09 AM.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Just got a bag tag and a patch, also built a frame, accidentally bought 1' pvc instead of 1/2' so it was very snug. I am using mr glass' bag design with the putter pocket on the inside.
bag1.jpg

bag2.jpg

Old 12-02-2012, 06:23 PM

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 28
For those who got this bag, does it seem like the sunglasses case be unstitched or taken off without leaving a hole?