Disc Golf Store
Old 11-30-2012, 10:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
...so I think we will see two more discs from this core.
At least.

They could shorten the wing a bit and make a Leopard.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
At least.

I just realized that they can't really shorten the wing, it would be more of a reconfiguration of the overmold, but making it stubbier, and less tapered might add too much weight, if they used the Volt core.

??

I just want my MVP Leopard.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
At least.

Wait until you throw the Amp...I think you'll find that this ^^ us unnecessary.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 56
Alright DS, here is my Volt review that i told you 100 pages ago I would do.

I like the comparison to old mold beasts when thrown properly. I guess i didnt get an understable one like ive heard about. I like this mold far more than all the other MVP stuff to date, by a lot. I like throwing long anny's with this disc, i think the gyro makes this throw easier and more accurate to do.

I found that in the 250-350 range its a very nice disc thats able to work lots of lines. However when i was trying to push it much farther, i noticed it gettig less and less HSS and also noticed it has pretty poor glide when compared to a few other similar discs.

I was having no trouble throwing it FH or BH. I was very intrigued by the gyro effect on a tommy or thumber, still playing with that theory tho so ill wait til i have more throws in to expand on that.

The negative, its a bit shallower feeling than i like. Lack of glide kinda frustrating on a few throws where i feel like i hit it right and then it just rides the line into the ground. That could be very useful to have, just not what I was looking for on those few throws. I feel like it needed more height than i was used to for the distance i was trying to go. Which poses another problem, it was pretty unforgiving of release angle. I was certain the gyro would make it more so, but i was wrong.

All in all not a bad disc really. But to me it seems like I personally would have to tear down my bag and build around that disc. Its a pretty versatile tweener disc and those are the hardest ones to bag imo. Especially since i already kinda built my driver setup around PDs which imo is also a versatile tweener mold, seems like id either have too much overlap or a gap in my driver lineup.

Was a Pink 175, all the ones i looked through (about 25) had seemingly identical plh's fwiw

Tl:dr
Not bagging it, but it doesnt suck
Old 11-30-2012, 04:54 PM
* Ace Member *

I'm going anti-minimalism with the Amp, Volt, and a fresh yellow champystar PD. They fit pretty well together.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:05 PM
Plastic Counselor

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 103
picked up a 169 black volt from gggt and am fairly impressed with this disc. I was worried with the talk of some flippy volts that the light weights would be a problem but mine is nice and stable really has minimal turn and decent amount of FW fade as well as skips longer than I expected similar to a striker/champ tb. Perfect disc for those who dislike having lots of mold as the volt seems to cover fairway and shorter distance drives regardless of needed stability it will get it done. Also did not notice the angle sensitivity issues previously stated specially when crushed it didn't get hard to control found it harder to actually power down as it doesnt glide like other mvp molds which might be the only disappointment. Its a great mold to power up from the vector/axis and really perfect addition to their line up. From the previews of the AMP looks like they nailed it again.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 108
I threw a Volt a bit today for the first time. I was fairly impressed. It flew much like a seasoned Star Eagle for me. It was not as forgiving as an Eagle though, seeming to be just slightly more touchy, and just a tick longer. All in all, it holds lines really well, and I was impressed. I don't know if it'll be in the bag, as I don't see it doing anything that much different than one of my Eagles. FWIW, I was impressed by the Volt more than I have been by any other MVP disc I've thrown so far.

Pink 170g for the record
Old 12-02-2012, 08:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 199
WOW!! For bikinjack to praise something other than base plastic or his traditional favorites it must be pretty decent. That is one tough recommendation for a disc to get.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 136
Send a message via AIM to New013
FINALLY got my hands on one (171g yellow)... first impressions were impressive glide, easy distance, a lot of workability. but it also seems to be very touchy and not as consistent as i'd like it to be... may be the wind but there wasn't that much wind. might grab a heavier one.

i did like the lines it held on anny and i parked #11 in my backyard with it first throw which is a tough ****ing hole to park.. more thoughts to come.

Old 12-02-2012, 09:28 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.4
Courses Played: 16
Everyone seems to like the anny lines. I know I was impressed.