Disc Golf Store
  #11  
Old 12-03-2012, 12:46 PM
scarpfish's Avatar
scarpfish scarpfish is offline
Resident Grouch
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Brownbackistan
Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 315
Posts: 6,283
In casual play, 99% of people don't care about this sort of thing. The other 1% can go buy a 35' tape measure and carry it in their bags.

Note: I carry a 35' tape measure in my bag just in case I run into one of these folks. It also helps at tournaments where the lines aren't marked.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Psicko's Avatar
Psicko Psicko is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Valley of the sun- Tempe
Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 540
If you need to jump putt at 32.8 feet, you have bigger issues. Ive never got good at jump putting though. The chalk line used in other sports that has been brought up would probably be the most effective if used in grass. Not sure about what to use in dirt for a permanent solution.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-03-2012, 01:02 PM
iacas's Avatar
iacas iacas is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Erie, PA
Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psicko View Post
If you need to jump putt at 32.8 feet, you have bigger issues.
That's what I was going to say, too. I don't feel the need to jump- or step-through-putt until I'm well, well outside the 10m circle.
Reply With Quote
 

  #14  
Old 12-03-2012, 02:22 PM
jongoff09's Avatar
jongoff09 jongoff09 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central Arkansas
Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 32
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psicko View Post
If you need to jump putt at 32.8 feet, you have bigger issues. Ive never got good at jump putting though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
That's what I was going to say, too. I don't feel the need to jump- or step-through-putt until I'm well, well outside the 10m circle.
I used to think the same way, until I started practicing. I do a walkthrough putt like Feldberg, and I am more accurate with it from just outside the circle than when I don't follow through. I now say that if the rules will let me follow through from that distance, then I am going to take advantage of it.

I hit 3 (that I remember, maybe more) from about 35-40' out in one round the last tournament I played in. Two of them were after rollaways on a missed 27-30'er

Last edited by jongoff09; 12-03-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.