Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.9
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Haha, another tester! Nice stamp though
Old 11-30-2012, 10:02 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 23
question: I have a couple kc pro glo flat top rocs and JO rocs, and they all seem to fly very straight with very little fade.

what is everyone using for those straighter approaches where you need a little more fade? another type of roc? not looking for over stable disc suggestion like the gator or zone or others
Old 11-30-2012, 10:14 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eco81 View Post
question: I have a couple kc pro glo flat top rocs and JO rocs, and they all seem to fly very straight with very little fade.

what is everyone using for those straighter approaches where you need a little more fade? another type of roc? not looking for over stable disc suggestion like the gator or zone or others
A Wasp will fade a little harder. The new Star Ranchos are pretty stable as well.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:37 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.2
Courses Played: 76
Throwing Style: RHFH
Send a message via MSN to THE GOV'NA
i use a SMRD roc
Old 11-30-2012, 10:40 AM
*Legalize It*

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:

what weights on the kc's? I havent thrown the glo kc but a 180 KC Pro Roc should have some fade for you.. i would think.. i dont have much power and a fresh 175g KC Pro Roc would be beefy for me
Old 11-30-2012, 11:00 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 23
177g. There is some fade to those but maybe looking for a little more but do or want to go with some over stable
Old 11-30-2012, 11:24 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 21
Quote:

Any Roc with a mild dome is what you're looking for. Put a little dome in one of your Japan Nat Rocs using boiling water and it'll do that for you.

FWIW, after tossing my flat and mildly domed Japan Nats, I much prefer the mildly-domed one. Flies like my SMRDs, glidey, workable without losing altitude, reliable finish, perfect in every way. I'm going to be using that disc for a long time. My flat one definitely flies like a Buzzz, but I wasn't as enamored with it as I thought I would be, kind of reminded me why I switched to Rocs in the first place. Personal preference I guess.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 19.3
Throwing Style: RHFH
Similar to Moonshine, I received an x-out, and had to follow-up with Hero to work it out (they said it happened to three people). The sparkly red stamp was double-stamped (for a total of 3 stamps, vs. 2). It is a sweet "off-color" pink disc though. I actually kind of like the way the double-stamp looks.