Old 12-05-2012, 10:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 81
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by mambo View Post
I'm in love with my Saints, they've become my go-to driver for sure. They are also a great pair with my Leopards. I've added a Champ Banshee for flicks and tomahawks too. One line where I'm not completely confident with Saints is the fresh Teebird line, where you want the disc to fly straight down the fairway and then finish hard left in the end. If the hole is short, I can pull out my Banshee or JOKERi. But when I want to reach 300' with a healthy fade in the end, I'm a bit lost.

I currently carry three Saints: a 164g & a 173g GL and one 164g Opto. How beefy is a max weight Opto Saint? Does it fade more than a max weight GL? I prefer the feel of GL/TP in my drivers though.
Hey Mambo, Millennium OLF's are a great compliment to Saints, and will have that late fade you are wanting. Quantum OLFs (champion plastic) are more overstable than Sirius (star) which are slightly more overstable than base Millennium (pro). So you can be like me and carry 2 saints (1 GL, 1 Opto) and 3 OLFs (Q, S and M) and have every shot covered at that speed rating.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 53
I'd say more TL than leo, but I could see a light or beat GL having more turn. Definitely needs a TB or PD or the like to compliment it.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:33 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHBH
Well I got a hold of a couple of Opto Saints. 1 is a 174 World's stamp (Bro D I have your money) and the other is a 172 Sparkle. I haven't thrown Teebirds or PDs in a while and I would put the Saint in between a beat TB and PD. I think it reminds me most of a lightly beat DX Eagle X that I have. It's an interesting disc. It could be used interchangeably with my beat Eagle Xs or X Avengers (not quite as long as the X Avengers though.) It does beg the question of what to bag.

It does however make an all Lat/Westside bag a lot easier for me now. I could easily pull out my Eagles and Leopards and do Saint/River instead. I just need a Lat/Westside replacement for my Polecat. mmmmmmmmmmmmm GL Polecats!!!
Old 12-05-2012, 11:16 AM
Wizard of Plastic Land

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 37
So I've been loving my two Opto Saints (169 and 173g) and am working on mastering them as my go to drivers, but in my secret santa this year I got a Volt I really want to try out. Anyone throw both or do they overlap too much? Would I be better served asking this in the Volt thread seeing as I know how the Saints fly already?
Old 12-05-2012, 11:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtreadwell View Post
So I've been loving my two Opto Saints (169 and 173g) and am working on mastering them as my go to drivers, but in my secret santa this year I got a Volt I really want to try out. Anyone throw both or do they overlap too much? Would I be better served asking this in the Volt thread seeing as I know how the Saints fly already?
they do overlap especially in opto. The opto saint will be a tick more hss as the fade will be a little stronger. The feel between the two is really different so that may be enough to seperate them, but since throwing the volt my opto saints are out of the bag. That was a tough move because i love saints, but the volt is just as good if not better. I would also say that the glide is close but the volt can get out there easier than the opto saints
Old 12-05-2012, 11:24 AM
Wizard of Plastic Land

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
they do overlap especially in opto. The opto saint will be a tick more hss as the fade will be a little stronger. The feel between the two is really different so that may be enough to seperate them, but since throwing the volt my opto saints are out of the bag. That was a tough move because i love saints, but the volt is just as good if not better. I would also say that the glide is close but the volt can get out there easier than the opto saints
Crap, I may need to get more volts then. I won't be able to throw the one I got for long seeing as it's a storm trooper and winter's coming. Every time I think my bag is set, something else shows up that throws it into chaos. I just bought and traded for 6 Aviars and my darn secret santa () sent me a Zero Mercy along with the volt that makes me want to ditch the aviars just on feel alone! Thanks for the quick answer!
Old 12-05-2012, 11:27 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtreadwell View Post
Crap, I may need to get more volts then. I won't be able to throw the one I got for long seeing as it's a storm trooper and winter's coming. Every time I think my bag is set, something else shows up that throws it into chaos. I just bought and traded for 6 Aviars and my darn secret santa () sent me a Zero Mercy along with the volt that makes me want to ditch the aviars just on feel alone! Thanks for the quick answer!
See.... I knew I could confuse you
Old 12-05-2012, 11:38 AM
Eagle Member

I'll second the comments about the QOLF being an excellent compliment to the Saint. Similar distance, but almost zero turn and more fade, and solid into a headwind. Mine are 1.2's, for reference.

QOLF is a great disc, especially in lighter weights. I have to laugh at the glide rating of "4"...they actually have superb glide. QOLF's are hard to find right now though.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:59 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
I'll second the comments about the QOLF being an excellent compliment to the Saint. Similar distance, but almost zero turn and more fade, and solid into a headwind. Mine are 1.2's, for reference.

QOLF is a great disc, especially in lighter weights. I have to laugh at the glide rating of "4"...they actually have superb glide. QOLF's are hard to find right now though.
definately agree with this statement!!! Qolfs and saints like each other!!! I have a few 160s qolfs and love them!

Old 12-05-2012, 12:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
So when ya gonna sell those saints?

Last edited by LoPan12; 12-05-2012 at 12:40 PM.