Old 12-06-2012, 08:27 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHBH
I always look forward to it. I enjoy the history articles the most. Last months about the history of the disc basket was my favorite article to date.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:53 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadjo View Post
I think a great addition to the magazine would be a classic course review.
i really like your idea. you should suggest it to them.

"in the bag" stories would also be cool.

fwiw i like the mag. it stays in the crapper and i look at the pictures on days i'm playing golf. helps me get pumped up for the day.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:58 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradharris View Post
I don't complain about the lack of coverage, I complain about the quality of coverage.

The magazine is comprised of amateur writers who, in many cases, don't know the first thing about journalism. There's a lot more to putting out a good magazine than just putting words on paper.
Nobody talks to the dutchess that way...NOBODY!

Trollface.jpg
Old 12-06-2012, 09:01 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 44
I enjoy reading it when it comes out. Yeah the results are old, but the commentaries are from an angle i maybe haven't heard yet.

i don't understand how people complain so much about EVERYTHING. It's somethings else to read about disc golf.

Though, The USDGC mess up was VERY confusing for a few minutes as I was like..."These sentences don't add up....where is Ricky's Field Ace.....oh these pages are backwards"

I second an "In the Bag" section being added. Each issue take 4-5 folks and walk through their bags. Have weights, and quantities of each disc. That'd be really cool. Yeah we have the videos, but they are normally "Well, I have a bunch of desroyers, 4-5 rocs, etc" not all that specific. Would be cool to have written form of the Main shot they have each disc for.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:05 AM
Banned From the Trilogy

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake911 View Post
I second an "In the Bag" section being added. Each issue take 4-5 folks and walk through their bags. Have weights, and quantities of each disc. That'd be really cool. Yeah we have the videos, but they are normally "Well, I have a bunch of desroyers, 4-5 rocs, etc" not all that specific. Would be cool to have written form of the Main shot they have each disc for.
Avery Jenkins in the bag

Nate Doss in the bag

You can see all of team Discraft laying out their bags on the Discraft website as well. Innova lists their team member's bags, but not to the same level of detail.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by holly7845 View Post
You guys are very negative. You complain because our sport doesn't get enough coverage, then you complain about the current coverage we have.

I think the magazine is awesome. As a touring player, it gives you a print out of all the awesome tournaments around the United States. It also informs me on projects and people I knew little to nothing about. The color and quality of the magazine are exceptional, as well.

That is all. Carry on.
When I was new, I thought it was great, too. Then after a few issues I realized how bad it was. This issue I thought was a bit better, though. The interview with JK was very good.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:30 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.4
Courses Played: 101
One thing they need to work on is encouraging folks to submit articles. I submitted an article and was told some areas of the article needed to be changed to be more online with how things really worked. My article was written on reality. I'm a TD, I sell advertising for a living and do pretty well on raising sponsor dollars for tournaments and selling courses. But apparently it isn't how 'the powers the be' would do it so my article was turned down.

I still enjoy the publication but I do wonder how many others would be contributors are turned away. Just because some on is a publisher doesnt make them an expert on all things Disc Golf.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:56 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 56
I enjoy the magazine in general, but can't stand some of the graphics behind the words in the articles. The story with Harold Duvall in this issue is almost unreadable, and I have good eyesight.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:24 AM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 25.3
Courses Played: 572
Agreed. That background was the toughest read ever.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:26 AM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by holly7845 View Post
As a touring player, it gives you a print out of all the awesome tournaments around the United States.
That was a cool feature....oh around 1992 or so.