Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 24
A review on Amp by All Things Disc Golf:

http://allthingsdiscgolf.com/post/37...sc-golf-review

"An important note to make is that the Amp was very nose sensitive."

Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed
It's turn was slow and methodical and it is very insensitive to nose angle...
I don't think Amp is that nose sensitive given it's current disc profile. I think I'll agree with Discspeed. Will find out tomorrow!
Old 12-06-2012, 08:07 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAMson View Post
Thanks for the tip... screencapped it
Old 12-06-2012, 08:21 PM
^Has PhD in Disc-Artistry

Undermining MVP's efforts to achieve a true release date sucks. Every single dealer out there now has a strong incentive to disregard the release date, and for that matter any other dealer parameters set forth by the manufacturer.

From MVP's dealer announcement:
The official release date is December 7; we ask that stores do not stock this item before this date. Online pre-orders are still acceptable however.
I read that to mean that a 12/6 live-sale is unacceptable.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:25 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
A nose angle sensitive disc means you need to focus on the release angle to get optimal flight. Some confuse this with squirrelly or unpredictable. The Volt is nose angle sensitive, meaning the more you learn to control the nose, the more lines you open up. It also means poor form exposes this

The Amp can be thrown slightly down or up and will fly the same. The lines don't really change as the nose changes. Now going extreme nose up changes that.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 43
Quote:
The official release date is December 7; we ask that stores do not stock this item before this date. Online pre-orders are still acceptable however.
So you interpreted their announcement as online retailers can have it up for pre-order as long as they don't list weights and colors?
Old 12-06-2012, 09:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Undermining MVP's efforts to achieve a true release date sucks. Every single dealer out there now has a strong incentive to disregard the release date, and for that matter any other dealer parameters set forth by the manufacturer.

You jelly?
Old 12-06-2012, 10:29 PM
^Has PhD in Disc-Artistry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
You jelly?
Considering that I'm helping publicize their availability...
No, the jimmies being rustled here are solely my MVP jimmies, not DN. I'm pretty used to shady glances at DN, mainly other retailers stealing content I've created. I can't change their hunger for small potatoes.

What I DO want and will fight for is for MVP to be the manufacturer of the mainstream disc golf future, including the simple luxury of a real-world exciting product launch. No coy chatter about upcoming molds -- announcement outta nowhere. No week-long release sequence based on shipping time -- hard release date with a no-sale dealer agreement. These basics are completely foreign to the disc golf industry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apparition View Post
So you interpreted their announcement as online retailers can have it up for pre-order as long as they don't list weights and colors?
Yeah, pre-orders that are not based on real inventory allocations are fine... jumping the release date just because you have inventory is not. None should ship before 12/7, and none should live-sell before 12/7. Two people at DN are staying up till midnight for this because it matters to us. Exciting launches are good for the sport, wouldn't you think?

We've had stock stamps for over a week... we've been custom-stamping blanks all throughout the week... not a one has left the building or been sold as a live allocation.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Considering that I'm helping publicize their availability...
No, the jimmies being rustled here are solely my MVP jimmies, not DN. I'm pretty used to shady glances at DN, mainly other retailers stealing content I've created. I can't change their hunger for small potatoes.

What I DO want and will fight for is for MVP to be the manufacturer of the mainstream disc golf future, including the simple luxury of a real-world exciting product launch. No coy chatter about upcoming molds -- announcement outta nowhere. No week-long release sequence based on shipping time -- hard release date with a no-sale dealer agreement. These basics are completely foreign to the disc golf industry.

Yeah, pre-orders that are not based on real inventory allocations are fine... jumping the release date just because you have inventory is not. None should ship before 12/7, and none should live-sell before 12/7. Two people at DN are staying up till midnight for this because it matters to us. Exciting launches are good for the sport, wouldn't you think?

We've had stock stamps for over a week... we've been custom-stamping blanks all throughout the week... not a one has left the building or been sold as a live allocation.
Just gimme the goddamn discs already

Old 12-06-2012, 11:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 1
I understand your willingness to fight for MVP Zam. You have a bottom line to look out for also, and try as you may to remain unbiased in this fight...it's not possible, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Whether the exact release dates are respected or not, MVP's coffers will be filled, and players will be happy to get the Amp in their grubby little hands.

Last edited by BigSky; 12-06-2012 at 11:26 PM.