#61  
Old 12-06-2012, 08:03 PM
humchris85's Avatar
humchris85 humchris85 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Redwood Curtain
Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 113
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,693
Ahhh I see. He is the OP.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 12-07-2012, 09:52 AM
brian j's Avatar
brian j brian j is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Virginia
Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 70
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 741
great video. i never knew weird al yankovic played disc golf.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 12-07-2012, 05:28 PM
Jimb's Avatar
Jimb Jimb is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: WV near Cumberland, MD
Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 73
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by humchris85 View Post
Sweet! Do you have a link to his profile? I wonder if he has anymore gems like this laying around...
How about a link to his disc golf related videos on youtube? Nothing like the classic posted here, but some other stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/user/will2441...uery=disc+golf
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 12-07-2012, 09:23 PM
willsfc willsfc is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florence, AL
Years Playing: 25.1
Courses Played: 73
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimb View Post
How about a link to his disc golf related videos on youtube? Nothing like the classic posted here, but some other stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/user/will2441...uery=disc+golf
I have a few, nothing like the one from 1993.

If my dad can find the tapes, we might have some stuff he shot at the 93 worlds and early 90s dg stuff from the north alabama area.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 12-08-2012, 12:55 PM
BigSky's Avatar
BigSky BigSky is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,336
Great video! Thanks for posting it.

But, let me get this straight. Disc golf was broadcast on a cable sports station back in '93? With multiple cameras, overhead views, great camera work...etc? I know it wasn't live, but still it was on TV, complete with a big name sponsor and everything.

Fast forward almost 20 years and we seem to be nowhere near getting television coverage. What the heck happened?
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 12-08-2012, 01:31 PM
tbird888's Avatar
tbird888 tbird888 is offline
Don Rickles #1 Fan
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cincinnati
Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHFH
Posts: 9,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
Fast forward almost 20 years and we seem to be nowhere near getting television coverage. What the heck happened?
Wham-O stopped writing checks.

If all the speculation from the last couple weeks/months is true, the pros could be a lot closer to being back on TV than they've been in a long time.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 12-08-2012, 01:36 PM
shakatak's Avatar
shakatak shakatak is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Newton Iowa
Years Playing: 19.2
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 177
I like how at the 48:30 mark Climo just stands up from his chair and goes right in to his approach.
Great video
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 12-08-2012, 02:24 PM
BigSky's Avatar
BigSky BigSky is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
If all the speculation from the last couple weeks/months is true, the pros could be a lot closer to being back on TV than they've been in a long time.

Don't know what you're talking about exactly...

But, DG on TV would be niiiiiiice.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 12-08-2012, 05:18 PM
turbosteve's Avatar
turbosteve turbosteve is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Rock Hill/Columbia SC
Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 59
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
Great video! Thanks for posting it.

But, let me get this straight. Disc golf was broadcast on a cable sports station back in '93? With multiple cameras, overhead views, great camera work...etc? I know it wasn't live, but still it was on TV, complete with a big name sponsor and everything.

Fast forward almost 20 years and we seem to be nowhere near getting television coverage. What the heck happened?
Actually Discgolfplanet.tv might be producing four shows that will be shown on regional sports networks next year.
http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/...esApproved.pdf
Reply With Quote
 

  #70  
Old 03-21-2013, 05:13 PM
pauldst's Avatar
pauldst pauldst is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Grandview, MO
Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hammer View Post
Tannock looks like Weird Al
LOL!

Watched this after linked on another thread. Really enjoyed it!

I wish I'd discovered DG back then...I was living in Mitch McClellan's home town...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.