Old 12-12-2012, 12:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 39
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
I'm sure this sounds stupid to some, but the discs really do fly that different in the different plastics.
I have not bought any of the new Neutron plastic yet.
I keep reading all the threads and seems like it's about time.

It will take a significant improvement to push out my old soft Proton Anode out of the bag. I've beat that thing in to a thing of beauty when in flight!
Old 12-12-2012, 12:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
I felt like I totally rebuilt my bag this year just switching from Proton to mostly Neutron.
I can attest to that. The axis and anode are my go to discs now. I tried both and carried the anode for a while but switched to the pure. Once neutron came the axis has become my most used disc in the bag. My nanodes are just money putting and approaching. I still carry soft ion for approaches though. Over all every disc in my opinion is superior in neutron. Now protron drivers would be interesting to try. The neutron seems to bruise? easy in the neutron plastic with the neutron plastic exposed more than in the other discs on the volt and the amp.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 18
I'm not that great, but my Neutron Anode seems to me to fly like a brand new version of my well broken in soft proton anode of the same weight. Haven't thrown anything else in neutron yet.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFixIt View Post
It will take a significant improvement to push out my old soft Proton Anode out of the bag. I've beat that thing in to a thing of beauty when in flight!
No, no, no...Neutron doesn't touch the soft Proton Anode (my most thrown disc). The Neutron Anodes are totally different from them...Faster, more LSS, less glide, no "float" at all. I can throw them back to back and the soft looks like a putter flying (super slow and straight, dropping straight) and the Neutron looks more like a mid (faster, lower, more HSS, more fade). I really like having both, but I ONLY use the Neutrons off the tee or when it's windy (they are $$ in the wind compared to the soft Ps).
Old 12-12-2012, 01:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
Over all every disc in my opinion is superior in neutron. Now protron drivers would be interesting to try. The neutron seems to bruise? easy in the neutron plastic with the neutron plastic exposed more than in the other discs on the volt and the amp.
I've not seen anything yet to suggest that N plastic is any less durable than P. I THRASHED a Neutron Axis...It was domey, so I first flattened it with hot water. Then I threw it about 50 times full power into a stone facade, slid it around my whole neighborhood on the tar and gravel road, and rubbed the top/bottom/edges of the wing on cement. I also folded it in half over and over again along the whole overmold.

After all that it was still more overstable than my brand new flat Axis. A little loss in HSS was the only noticeable difference. None of my Proton discs have stood up to the treatment like that.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
No, no, no...Neutron doesn't touch the soft Proton Anode (my most thrown disc). The Neutron Anodes are totally different from them...Faster, more LSS, less glide, no "float" at all. I can throw them back to back and the soft looks like a putter flying (super slow and straight, dropping straight) and the Neutron looks more like a mid (faster, lower, more HSS, more fade). I really like having both, but I ONLY use the Neutrons off the tee or when it's windy (they are $$ in the wind compared to the soft Ps).
Exactly the info I was looking for.
Thank you!
Old 12-12-2012, 01:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
I've not seen anything yet to suggest that N plastic is any less durable than P. I THRASHED a Neutron Axis...It was domey, so I first flattened it with hot water. Then I threw it about 50 times full power into a stone facade, slid it around my whole neighborhood on the tar and gravel road, and rubbed the top/bottom/edges of the wing on cement. I also folded it in half over and over again along the whole overmold.

After all that it was still more overstable than my brand new flat Axis. A little loss in HSS was the only noticeable difference. None of my Proton discs have stood up to the treatment like that.

Ok, another question...how does a green 1st run Proton Axis compare to the Neutron?
I have the green 1st run Axis and it is $$ for almost all of my "long" midrange duties.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
My green first runs tended to be flat and straight. My neutrons have had mild dome and a tiny fade at the end, and took maybe a month or two to season to the more neutral flat axis style flight.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:

My drivers take some beating with the cold ground. There is more neutron exposed to hits like this in te drivers vs putters/mids. My axis two months now the rim looks brand new. My most used volt not so much.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFixIt View Post
Ok, another question...how does a green 1st run Proton Axis compare to the Neutron?
I have the green 1st run Axis and it is $$ for almost all of my "long" midrange duties.
Neutron Axis is more of a power disc like a Buzzz than those FR greens, which are more Fuse like imo. The Neutrons, even if the same stability in calm, are less affected by the wind.