Old 12-17-2012, 10:19 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikly View Post
Lots of good advice in here thus far.

In my experience with the Buzzz, it takes more speed to get it to fly straight than some other mids, which may be contributing to why yours seems to fly OS. Assuming that's the case, I'll echo the advice of a few others in here and recommend a Comet: it's a seriously slow, massively glidey disc, meaning it's easy to maximize your distance out of it. It can be a bit tricky to get the hang of - I'm still working to dial mine in consistently on drives - but flies capital-S Straight when thrown correctly, and personally, I don't think it's too too hard to get the hang of, especially if you're still in the learning stage (as I am). Zs are slightly more OS and forgiving than Xs: I'd recommend trying one of each if you can swing it. It would be a bit under $25 for both - not too bad, and you can always sell one or both to me if you hate them .

I'm still sorting out some aspects of my bag, but I already know the Comet is there to stay. I drive with mine on most holes 250 ft and under. Great for straight and turnover drives.
So there is a bit of a difference in the plastic types and how they fly?
Old 12-17-2012, 10:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 1
Generally speaking, the premium plastics are more overstable (sometimes barely) than thier base plastic counterparts, for all discs. A premium plastic will also keep it's flight characteristics longer, as it will wear (or beat in) slower.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:32 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
Generally speaking, the premium plastics are more overstable (sometimes barely) than thier base plastic counterparts, for all discs. A premium plastic will also keep it's flight characteristics longer, as it will wear (or beat in) slower.
Ahh fair enough. Too bad my college budget can really only afford the cheap plastics :P
Old 12-17-2012, 11:23 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 45
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ad.php?t=78037 here is my thread guess i should put it here. any help?
Old 12-17-2012, 11:29 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockiesfan4ever View Post
Ahh fair enough. Too bad my college budget can really only afford the cheap plastics :P
I can totally emphasize with being on a budget. However, it's worth noting two things: 1) an X Comet is only going to be $3 more than a disc in D/DX/etc plastic, and it's going to last way longer, so you'll actually save money in the long run (same is even truer for Z, which is pretty darn durable), and 2) you can always look for deals in the Marketplace here on DGCR (that's what I've started to do): you could trade old/unused discs away for a Comet, or even post a "wants" thread (although you'd have to pay the $5 to post in there). So there are some budget-friendly options available.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:40 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikly View Post
I can totally emphasize with being on a budget. However, it's worth noting two things: 1) an X Comet is only going to be $3 more than a disc in D/DX/etc plastic, and it's going to last way longer, so you'll actually save money in the long run (same is even truer for Z, which is pretty darn durable), and 2) you can always look for deals in the Marketplace here on DGCR (that's what I've started to do): you could trade old/unused discs away for a Comet, or even post a "wants" thread (although you'd have to pay the $5 to post in there). So there are some budget-friendly options available.
Yea there are, just haven't gotten to the point of having a lot of excess discs for trade. But I do have a $5 off coupon that I'll have to go use

Old 12-20-2012, 12:01 AM
Birdie Member

Have one Comet in the mail and can't wait to throw it. Too bad it's about to blizzard here...