Old 12-21-2012, 02:08 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
I'm definitely excited to fill my bag with my vibrams once some christmas money comes in..

couple soles, vp, another ibex, and obex
Old 12-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 13
Yep, now that Christmas shopping is over, some of my next paycheck is going to get me some more Vibrams; 170 Medium Lace, 150 class Firm Trak, 150 class Firm Ibex, max weight Soft Obex, Soft VP, and Soft Summit... Mmmm yeah... I've got an addiction!
Old 12-21-2012, 04:20 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodysseus View Post
^Yes, it's definitely the most glaring hole in their lineup. And Mr. Dodge pays attention, so I'm sure we will see it soon enough.

Any guesses as what the names for the missing discs will be? A few pages back, someone suggested Apex for the Very OS control driver and I really liked that. I like Ravine for the US control driver (giving us Apex, Ascent, Trak, and Ravine across the fairways, which I think are some good names). Steve himself mentioned Leather (on DGTR) as a possible name for a Lace counterpart (possibly joking though?). I think Leather would work for the OS distance driver. And I like Tread for the very OS distance driver and I don't really have an idea for the US driver that fits the "theme." As for the two missing mids; Ubex and Mobex.
Apex was the name I presented and like the best so glad you like it too! Ravine is really interesting too....I like it. I have been keeping a list of names I came up with as well as some others that people came up with on this course. Check out the following:

Apex, Pinnacle, Peak, Zenith, Vertex, Crest, Rapid, Crown, Crag, Vista, Outlook, Tread, Ravine, Mobex, and Ubex.

I agree with Brodysseus that Apex and Tread are really solid names. Though kind of cheesy, Mobex and Ubex are growing on me haha
Old 12-21-2012, 04:23 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowVibram View Post
I agree with Brodysseus that Apex and Tread are really solid names. Though kind of cheesy, Mobex and Ubex are growing on me haha
I hated Mobex and Ubex at first... Now I love them.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:28 PM
*Moderator*

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 278
I fear there will be more shoe names like the Lace and Sole. I recall Steve mentioning "Tongue" as one of the Lace contenders. I've always hoped they would use Apex. I like the mountain theme. Even Cairn would be good for a putter. My money is on an understable Lace for the next one but personally I'd like to see something like an SL or basically a slower Lace.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:42 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 20
I'm game for anything they come out with !!
Old 12-21-2012, 06:36 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin View Post
I fear there will be more shoe names like the Lace and Sole. I recall Steve mentioning "Tongue" as one of the Lace contenders. I've always hoped they would use Apex. I like the mountain theme. Even Cairn would be good for a putter. My money is on an understable Lace for the next one but personally I'd like to see something like an SL or basically a slower Lace.
Yeah Steve was being sarcastic with the name "Tongue." Even with all of the names that have been on this forum I bet the Vibram team will come up with a name completely different and I guess I am okay with that! They are trying to come up with names that represent their brand as a shoe sole manufacturer so I bet it will have to do with that again.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:38 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 33.3
Courses Played: 77
Picked up a Lace last week, kind of liking it. Cool green and red colors with a lil bit of blue and white. I find the name lacking though.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: LHBH
Now that I've begun to look seriously at Vibram discs, I have a major urge to grab a Summit. Sounds like a winner.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:45 PM
Double Eagle Member

It is an extremely useful disc. An understable putter that you don't have to beat in and won't wear out of its stability for a long time.
Closed Thread