Old 12-04-2012, 01:37 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 178
Throwing Style: RHBH
Elver is closed for the winter. Not sure about Heistand.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:46 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 737
Send a message via Yahoo to harr0140
Hiestand stays open but elver and token creek close

I recommend birds ruins in marshall if you get a chance it is a fun new and challenging course
Old 12-04-2012, 09:06 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
I played whatever one has the elevated tee. I really liked it actually. MN actually stays frozen for 8 1/2 months a year...
You played the original UW-Parkside course, which is better than the new "Orchid" course on the same campus.

As others have mentioned, Grey & Red Fox in Silver Lake is probably your best/closest option to Lake Geneva.

I just played the new Red Fox course on Sunday and it is much, much better than the original. Also, the Grey Fox is one of the best in the Southeastern WI/Northeastern IL area. I live 25 minutes away and I'd be happy to meet you there for a round if our schedules cooperate.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Suffers from Delusions of Grandeur

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 134
Quote:
I've played Parkside already, but isn't there another course in Kenosha? Maybe I'll try to make it to Grey Fox this year since I wasn't able to go there a couple xmases ago.
The Orchid isn't worth the effort. Grey Fox is a fun course. Each 9 hole loop has a different flavor to it. Red Fox has woodchip pro tees that make it way! better. Leagues (best shot random doubles) are every Sunday at 10am and a second round flex start around 1pm usually. Great group of guys play year round (local pros to upper INT), morning rounds tend to be a lil bigger. Hopefully we'll see you out there.

Quote:
We Minnesotan Golfers don't get why WI pulls their courses in the winter...
When it gets cold in MN the ground actually freezes. Here the weather is more turbulant and the ground doesnt always stay frozen or snow covered. I remember when they didn't pull the Dretzka course during the winter....it was destroyed every year, so they closed it from March to May. I'd rather have it closed during the winter so I can play it in the Spring. But the Winter Course is a blast! Very fun and highly suggested.

Suggestions:
Grey Fox/Red Fox (Leagues Sun 10am & 1pm)
Dretzka Winter
Marengo (Leagues Sat 10am) <- About a hour further than Grey Fox better than its rating. Has carpet teepads and usually is abusive to your score. You WILL like this course, especially if you like Kaposia! when it gets cement tee pads I would say its on par with Kaposia (non-Majestic).
*sigh* I miss Twin Cities DG *sigh*
Old 12-06-2012, 12:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by smyith View Post
The Orchid isn't worth the effort. Grey Fox is a fun course. Each 9 hole loop has a different flavor to it. Red Fox has woodchip pro tees that make it way! better. Leagues (best shot random doubles) are every Sunday at 10am and a second round flex start around 1pm usually. Great group of guys play year round (local pros to upper INT), morning rounds tend to be a lil bigger. Hopefully we'll see you out there.

When it gets cold in MN the ground actually freezes. Here the weather is more turbulant and the ground doesnt always stay frozen or snow covered. I remember when they didn't pull the Dretzka course during the winter....it was destroyed every year, so they closed it from March to May. I'd rather have it closed during the winter so I can play it in the Spring. But the Winter Course is a blast! Very fun and highly suggested.

Suggestions:
Grey Fox/Red Fox (Leagues Sun 10am & 1pm)
Dretzka Winter
Marengo (Leagues Sat 10am) <- About a hour further than Grey Fox better than its rating. Has carpet teepads and usually is abusive to your score. You WILL like this course, especially if you like Kaposia! when it gets cement tee pads I would say its on par with Kaposia (non-Majestic).
*sigh* I miss Twin Cities DG *sigh*
Thanks for the info! Probably will only be down there during the week days then back up to the cities by Friday night. Love the sound of a Kaposia-esque course. We have a new course in the south cities that was designed to be a Kaposia-south, and the tees are supposed to go in next summer.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the info! Probably will only be down there during the week days then back up to the cities by Friday night. Love the sound of a Kaposia-esque course. We have a new course in the south cities that was designed to be a Kaposia-south, and the tees are supposed to go in next summer.
ill be up there next year for the majestic again. hopefully its playable! where is it going to be at?
Old 12-10-2012, 01:23 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Kenwood Trails - Lakeville MN
Old 12-10-2012, 07:50 AM

i gotta put that on my list for next year for sure
Old 12-10-2012, 09:16 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 39
Red Fox, the new 9 is a great redesign. I playerd it Saturday and some holes are REAL short but it is the best warm up for the Grey Fox(18) you can get. There are a few up hills and a few down the hill as well. Thanks again for a great DG destination.

Old 12-23-2012, 12:58 AM

Curious what you decided to play