Disc Golf Store
Old 12-24-2012, 07:27 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menacewarf View Post
I agree. The neutron felt amazing in the cold. We'll see how it holds up to sweaty hands and rain.
i threw it the other day when it was raining. If you can keep it dry its great, if not it gets slick quick
Old 12-24-2012, 09:13 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 13
I received a white, 175-gram Volt for Christmas two days ago, and have since given it quite a bit of time in the field.

...I think this is the best driver I've ever thrown. I almost said best disc, but then I felt bad for my Fuse.

Anyway, I was consistently throwing this thing 325-375 in both mild-to-moderate head and tailwinds, as well as crosswinds. I did not notice drastic differences in flight depending on the wind, though it certainly had a little more turn in the headwind. The fade was forward-penetrating. It felt amazing in my hand, and as a result, I had very, very few bad throws with it, and an high percentage of great throws. I could put a little extra hyzer on the disc and make great left-turning hyzer shots. A little less hyzer, and it was a hyzer flip to straight with mild left finish. Thrown flat, it held a beautiful turnover line before finishing left at the very end.

It was with that last line that it hit me -- I can do practically anything with this disc. Full power hyzers that go 375 (I'm a max 410 with Wraiths or Destroyers). Straight hyzer flips. Turnovers. All very controllable. All with relatively little effort. Crazy.

Other than high headwind situations (or other special scenarios), or absolutely needing to throw more than 375 or less than 315, I see using this disc for just about everything.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:20 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon.trenton View Post
i threw it the other day when it was raining. If you can keep it dry its great, if not it gets slick quick
Sounds like most discs

One of these years we'll get a plastic that feels dry and grippy when wet (maybe)
Old 12-24-2012, 09:34 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.1
Courses Played: 80
Just got me a Volt last week and threw it a lot on my trip to Austin. I must say I was skeptical about it but was talked into it by my friend. For me it does what I always wanted the Avenger SS to do and more. Holds those anny lines and with a flat or hyzer release will hold those as well. I see it becoming a great work horse disc in my bag.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:34 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menacewarf View Post
Sounds like most discs

One of these years we'll get a plastic that feels dry and grippy when wet (maybe)
You Mean soft proton? Mine gets grippier when wet.
I've got a rubberwood aviar that stays grippy and gritty wet wet as well.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:06 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 3
Recently picked up two Volts. They fit my game really well. Had some of my best lefty throws ever today with them. Crazy low laser beams righty. Really excited about this disc.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:55 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 19
Volt replaced my Eagles. They do everything my Eagles could do, only with more control. The shallow rim took a little getting used to, but now i like it way better. Releases come off cleaner and feels better, less room for error. The Volt is the best find i have had since i discovered Swords, Rivers, and of course the Axis.

MVP meant nothing to me untill i picked up an Ion (to replace magnets/challengers), and then soon after an Axis (to replace my Comet/Roc), and now all i want to throw is MVP. I love what they are doing for the sport.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:04 PM
* Ace Member *

^well said plex! I agree!
Old 12-29-2012, 10:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 27
All I want to say is that my orange 173g Volt was absolutely money today in 27 degree weather. Where normally some late fade would kick in, today it was low, fast, hard and straight as an arrow. Kicked off the snow, get a forward kick, settle in nicely on top. Just killing it today.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:53 PM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.3
Courses Played: 39
I have approxematley one crapload of Volts. To say I love them would be an understatement. I use them mostly for courses with a lot of trees. It seems to have some sort of tree repelling force field around it!

When I first started playing 1000 years ago, the Eagle was my main driver when all the courses were nothing but trees. Id love to take the Volt back to those old Montana courses. I can just pick a line through the woods and watch the Volt hit every gap. Since I suck and have short little arms, I find myself reaching for the Volt more and more off the tee. I can also get it farther than my Teebirds.

I obviously love MVP and all their discs, but I think (so far) this is their crowning achievement.