Old 12-22-2012, 07:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 98
Throwing Style: RHBH
Ferguson, those are pretty discs. how much of an indentation is there from the hotstamp?
Old 12-22-2012, 08:17 PM

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 20
Thank you guys. I would say minimal.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:10 AM
Birdie Member

Anyone with a lighter weight Lace notice the flight plate is a little flimsy? My 165 feels flimsy compared to a 175 a buddy got in the mail. No complaints, just wondering.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:44 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyoel182 View Post
Anyone with a lighter weight Lace notice the flight plate is a little flimsy? My 165 feels flimsy compared to a 175 a buddy got in the mail. No complaints, just wondering.

Yes my 165(166 on my scale) has a very flimsy flight plate. It also had the exact same dome and profile as my 150 boss, hopefully it flies similar.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:57 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 14
So, how quickly does the medium rubber beat in? I had a medium Ascent that I used for Teebird like shots. I really liked the stability but it seemed to beat in quicker than I expected. Can I have a comparison to the seasoning rate with other companies ( vibram rubber compared to MVP/Innova Champ and Star/Discraft Elite Z and Esp).
Old 12-25-2012, 01:02 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRATC View Post
So, how quickly does the medium rubber beat in? I had a medium Ascent that I used for Teebird like shots. I really liked the stability but it seemed to beat in quicker than I expected. Can I have a comparison to the seasoning rate with other companies ( vibram rubber compared to MVP/Innova Champ and Star/Discraft Elite Z and Esp).
In general there is very little change in Vibram material. Part of what seems to change I have discovered is simply me figuring out how to throw the different material. You will knock a little bit out of it simply by helping it break its mold stiffness. What I mean by this is that when you start using a disc and it hits trees and the ground for the first time, it breaks the fibers into feeling all nice. it is like the fibers only know how to be lazy and not do anything not doing anything and then you tell them they have to work, so they get in shape and work. Once a Vibram disc gets to this stage it will pretty much stay that way. Ascents really fly more like Eagles than they do Tbirds. There is more high speed turn in my Ascent than there is in my Trak. But the Ascent fades out much more at the end where the Trak will pretty much hold whatever line I put it on, forever. This is not the case for even Z or Champion plastic. Slowly over time they become more understable. My Vibrams simply have not changed all that much over time. I have some that I am more confident in their stability but ultimately even in comparison to a new disc of the same mold, they fly the same. Hope this helps.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:39 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 14
Wonderful, thanks! I really liked the few Vibrams I have thrown. I am not a consistency machine either, so it very well could have been my form.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:20 AM
*Moderator*

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyoel182 View Post
I'd say there is a noticeable difference between 174g and 161g but I'd also say that's the same with plastic discs. Even at 161g I wouldn't say it feels bad. Just a bit thinner.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:43 PM
Birdie Member

Yeah it certainly felt thinner. Maybe I'll throw it tomorrow.

Old 12-27-2012, 08:50 PM

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 21
17 months of disc golf, this is my first post... Oh yes, a Vibram fan!

Here's my collection, "A-bag" along with the practice/backup discs, 57 Vibram in all and a single Firebird! Too many, never! If I were to have a request for a new mold..., well it would replace the only non-Vibram disc in my bag...

I respect all the X-Link materials: firm, medium and soft... all weather conditions covered. The only time I'll need a replacement is when I "monkey paw" a disc into oblivion or a new sweet color/pattern comes about that is a must!

Hope to meet some of you, play a round or two and enjoy the sport that is Disc Golf... as played with Vibram discs!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vibram Discs 2012-12-27.jpg (119.1 KB, 60 views)
Closed Thread