Old 12-27-2012, 06:27 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via AIM to inscho
Is it just me or is Orange Neutron plastic hard to come by?????

Clearly this is a popular color, Run more of these !!!

Hope everyone had a great Holiday.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:33 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by inscho View Post

got 2 for sale in my thread http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...31#post1755631

And yes, they are easy to spot, seem to fly farther.. not sure why, it must be all in my head. I have a lot of orange MVP in my bag.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:39 PM
Birdie Member

Same here. I've looked at your for sale thread actually!! hahaha. Got to the 12 or 13th page in the marketplace and gave up. Looking for Orange Anodes/ Ions/ Axis. I'll keep my eye out. Just wanted to state that just in case Chad or Brad is reading this.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Same here. I've looked at your for sale thread actually!! hahaha. Got to the 12 or 13th page in the marketplace and gave up. Looking for Orange Anodes/ Ions/ Axis. I'll keep my eye out. Just wanted to state that just in case Chad or Brad is reading this.
my deadly Axis is an orange eclipse. It holds godly anny lines forever and never flips out just the best disc i have ever thrown in my life. It has done wonders for me. It can also fly dead straight with tiny fade at the end. its great stuff

I have never thrown one that flies quite the same, i think its a first run.. have had it forever.

Last edited by plex; 12-27-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:58 PM
Birdie Member

Yeah.. I've dropped some dimes on the Eclipse plastic line. I'm glad I contribute my cash to a great company. I'll end up getting everything in Neutron plastic and most likely, a new type of plastic will be released by MVP !!
Old 12-27-2012, 07:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: LHBH
I really like the stamps on the proton plastic. Disc art and the visual aspect of the disc appeal to me. It's funny how different plastics will appeal to me based on how they LOOK: I also like the S-Line Discmania prints, the Opto line of Latitude, and the DX line of Innova.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:40 PM
Birdie Member

I putt soft anodes and love them. Sometimes when I have an upshot out of my putting range I wish they dumped off a little harder with the fade.

I have read that anodes and ions are pretty similar though. Would the ion fade off more abruptly? I have read discspeed say soft anodes fade more than other anodes, is the same true of soft ions?
Old 12-28-2012, 03:46 PM
Banned

Just get an Ion, they are better. They will do exactly what you seem to be asking for.

Last edited by plex; 12-28-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:10 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 59
Quote:

I apologize for that, but that Orange Neutron plastic is just so perfect I can't help myself and buy them up quickly. Had to have a matching set of Amps, Axis, Anodes and Ions.

Not a real big fan of the original Proton line, the colors don't quite pop with the black outer rim. But I do love the Proton Eclipse line, that White rim makes all the difference for me.

Old 12-28-2012, 06:07 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue9 View Post
I putt soft anodes and love them. Sometimes when I have an upshot out of my putting range I wish they dumped off a little harder with the fade.

I have read that anodes and ions are pretty similar though. Would the ion fade off more abruptly? I have read discspeed say soft anodes fade more than other anodes, is the same true of soft ions?
I use the soft anode for putts 30ft and in. I use a soft ion for long putts and approaches out to 150ft. The ion will fade back, and will hold a better hyzer line on the longer approaches.

I have hit more 80-100+ft putts with the ion than with my Challengers. The Ion and Anodes seem to glide better from that distance. I would consider carrying both. No matter what they are fun to throw and practice with.
Closed Thread