Disc Golf Center
Old 12-29-2012, 03:48 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalbotTrojan View Post
They are all great discs. I dumped my zones in favor of the VP personally. If you are throwing the Summit, it is going to act understable. If you are putting or jump putting with them, they should stay pretty straight. The Ridge when you throw it will hold whatever line you put it on. The Sole tends to be right in between the Summit and the Ridge. The Sole never made it in my bag simply because I didn't need anything between the Summit and the Ridge.
Pretty good summary, but it should be noted that the Sole has more glide than the other molds. And it also has a different feel (shape) than the other three putters, so if you can feel them up before you buy, I'd recommend seeing which mold fits your hand the best.

If you don't mind me asking, MrGlass, why don't you want to try a VP? I originally was using the Sole as my in the circle putter when I first started using Vibrams, but the VP's absolute predictability won me over. And even if you don't want to putt with a VP, it is the definition of a perfect approach/ upshot disc; slow, overstable, not much glide which makes it easier to range, and it sits and sticks, especially in medium and extra especially in soft.

However, even if you are completely against trying a VP, all the Vibram putters are amazing discs in the circle, for approaches, and off the tee.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:04 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 24
I've been throwing the summit for a couple of months now and I really dig it. It's really understable, but it is also way more predictable than you would think. I also putt with them. I got a ridge for Christmas an am really digging it so far. On drives it's very predictable and neutral. It also won't kill you if you oat it a little bit.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodysseus View Post
Pretty good summary, but it should be noted that the Sole has more glide than the other molds. And it also has a different feel (shape) than the other three putters, so if you can feel them up before you buy, I'd recommend seeing which mold fits your hand the best.

If you don't mind me asking, MrGlass, why don't you want to try a VP? I originally was using the Sole as my in the circle putter when I first started using Vibrams, but the VP's absolute predictability won me over. And even if you don't want to putt with a VP, it is the definition of a perfect approach/ upshot disc; slow, overstable, not much glide which makes it easier to range, and it sits and sticks, especially in medium and extra especially in soft.

However, even if you are completely against trying a VP, all the Vibram putters are amazing discs in the circle, for approaches, and off the tee.
I tried the vp and found it to be way to stable for my putting style. I have the over stable putter slot filled with z zones. I approach with ions and anodes. So only looking for the circle. Not knocking vibram putters at all just settled on MVP.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:15 AM
* Ace Member *

So I guess ridge vs. summit for me can anyone elaborate a little more on these two in comparison. Putting only. Thanks!!!
Old 12-29-2012, 10:26 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
So I guess ridge vs. summit for me can anyone elaborate a little more on these two in comparison. Putting only. Thanks!!!
The main difference in the "feel" between those two will probably be the bead. The Ridge has a small one; the Summit has none to speak of. The Ridge is going to fade more, whereas the Summit can do more tricky shots, like bending anhyzer around an obstacle and still holding the line at putting speed. I think Summits have more glide as well, but I find I can drive farther with a Ridge because the Summit turns over so hard. Summits are like the Stingray of putters.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:43 AM
* Ace Member *

Thanks it sounds like the summit may be the one! Keep the suggestions coming! Got a gift certificate burning a hole in my pocket!
Old 12-29-2012, 10:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.3
Courses Played: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
Thanks it sounds like the summit may be the one! Keep the suggestions coming! Got a gift certificate burning a hole in my pocket!
After reading what you're looking for, the Summit would be my suggestion. It has a shallow rim that makes it very, very easy to release. Great for putting in the circle. At slow speeds, it just goes straight.

I would suggest a medium. After you get it, wash it with Palmolive or Dawn dishwashing soap and it'll feel great in your hand.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:51 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by eegor View Post
After reading what you're looking for, the Summit would be my suggestion. It has a shallow rim that makes it very, very easy to release. Great for putting in the circle. At slow speeds, it just goes straight.

I would suggest a medium. After you get it, wash it with Palmolive or Dawn dishwashing soap and it'll feel great in your hand.
Thanks!
Old 12-29-2012, 11:17 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 218
When I get back from CO I will see about making a lil Lace video.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:45 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by eegor View Post

After reading several threads on it, Summit is definitely on my wish list at this point. Sounds like just what I want from a putter.
Closed Thread