Old 12-29-2012, 11:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
After reading several threads on it, Summit is definitely on my wish list at this point. Sounds like just what I want from a putter.
And it will not beat in anytime soon... So it will hold the same stability (or understability in this case) for a long, long time.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:40 AM

Courses Played: 3
Summit vs ridge... Driving they both have their own characteristics/perks... But when putting the summit feels and flies better. My ridge drops like a rock and the summit glides a bit more. Ridge holds the line then fades a slight bit whereas the summit stays dead straight on a putt. Throwing a straight shot/ putt the summit will fly in a straight line to to basket. The ridge will take a bit more spin to do the same thing. Up shots or drives will make the summit turn to the right for a bhrh shot. I use the ridge to putt when the wind is a little strong any other time the summit is go to
Old 12-30-2012, 03:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana View Post
When I get back from CO I will see about making a lil Lace video.
Too bad it has been so cold here in CO, otherwise I would say just meet me at a course and we'll get that video made.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:20 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 101
Finally got out to the course and got a chance to throw my soft Ibex around a bit, and I must say... WOW! I love it! I am afraid that I am going to be obsessed with them now
Old 12-30-2012, 06:33 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutz167 View Post
Finally got out to the course and got a chance to throw my soft Ibex around a bit, and I must say... WOW! I love it! I am afraid that I am going to be obsessed with them now
Aren't they awesome? I love it in 20 degree rounds like today in Ohio.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 80
Does anyone else out there prefer to throw Soft X-Link? I'm really liking my soft discs now. I can't wait to get a soft Lace! I like the grip and I think Soft is more durable. I used floppy drives about 10 years ago and I thought they were obsolete but they are coming back in a big way for me now!
Old 12-30-2012, 06:48 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan H. View Post
Does anyone else out there prefer to throw Soft X-Link? I'm really liking my soft discs now. I can't wait to get a soft Lace! I like the grip and I think Soft is more durable. I used floppy drives about 10 years ago and I thought they were obsolete but they are coming back in a big way for me now!
So far I only prefer soft when it's really cold, but I don't have the best form either. I like my firm Ibex when it's warm out, and need to add a medium to my arsenal.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 100
I may be the odd one, but I do not like Soft X-Link. I haven't tried it for a while but when I did have one in my bag it was very inconsistent coming out of the hand. I was never sure how much the disc would flop around in my hand and thus it was tough to predict how exactly it would come out. I still think it is great for certain circumstances but I had to take it out of my bag because I was too tempted to throw it when it was not the right time.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.4
Courses Played: 94
It doesn't get that cold in Texas, but the soft x-link is nice in the woods when you want the disc to drop and not bounce out in the woods... or approach and not roll down a hill.

On another note: I noticed that I haven't been throwing the Ridge very much lately. When I want fade or forehand approach... VP. Long putts... VP. Long approaches... Summit. Putting in the circle... Summit.

There are times when I pull out my Ridge and sometimes I throw the Sole, but it's "maybe" one time per round each. As great as these discs are, I don't know how much longer they'll be in the bag.

Old 12-30-2012, 07:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpgauthier View Post
Aren't they awesome? I love it in 20 degree rounds like today in Ohio.
It was about 30 here in SoDak today. Unfortunately my home course is set up too short for me to get to test my soft Trak and Ascent out
Closed Thread