Old 08-27-2012, 01:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 164
Throwing Style: RHBH
Update on the Goshen, Ohio course:
Look for "Osage Grove DGC" at Kathryn Stagge Marr Park in Goshen SOON (I think Adam will be the one listing the course here on DGCR).

****Not on here YET, though, so be patient!****

The initial set of tee pads are in, as are anchors for the baskets, and the fairways are in the grooming stages. There will be a private opening for those who've been helping out,and then I'm sure you'll see it here on the website before the September 29, 2012 Course Challenge Series.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:01 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 84
Very enjoyable course and tourney yesterday. Huge thanks to everyone involved.

Adam Jones (course designer) still has more planned before all is fully completed, but it is playable. More tees, some more pin locations, bridges and tee signs still to come.

It's a tad on the rough side currently (very thorny rough), but keep it on the fairways and you'll have no problems.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:26 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 84
Also, hole 13 is not installed and is not going to be playable until after the soybean field is harvested. Apparently the land is leased by the park to the farmer. Not sure what the future plans are for this hole, maybe someone else can chime in that's in the know.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:36 AM
Double Eagle Member

Happy Birthday Adam!

I just saw on here that it's (Osage Grove course designer) Adam Jones' birthday. I was with him on Saturday, and he never mentioned it. Happy Birthday!

Next, I want to support Adam's wishes about when he wants to make this course official. There are a lot of folks asking about it, since it's technically playable. There was some rush to get it open for this fall's Course Challenge Series event (9/29/12), but he has mostly concerns that folks who go to check it out acknowledge the safety issues. Bridges need to go in at a couple of locations, and it's still rough. All along, more help is needed to install a new course than I ever appreciated before. Here's his latest response to queries, from the http://www.cincinnatidiscgolf.com/Home.aspx website:

"Watch these forums for specific projects like bridges and stuff, where we will organize the materials and tools needed, we need various sizes for certain bridges and we are finalizing those plans soon. Right now I am working on Tee sign posts and signage. Hole 13 may not be played till next spring due to the conditions and situations with the soy beans. Anyone can help clear weeds and briars from the rough at anytime. Course is open for play but it is still under construction and not technically "Open", I expect we will have the Grand Opening next spring. Thanks to all those that have been involved in this long journey. Tee sponsorships are available for over half the holes, $300 per tee for 10 years."

Feel free to contact the club to volunteer or sponsor!
Old 10-15-2012, 11:38 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 60
played it saturday. gonna be pretty awesome when the finishing touches(bridges,steps) are put in.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.8
Courses Played: 46
So.... is this course still up? Thinking about taking a trip in 2 weeks. No reviews up yet on it. Is this going to be worth my time right now... or should I let it ripen a little?
Old 12-08-2012, 09:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

A trip to this area is always worthwhile!
(Idlewild, Lincoln Ridge, Mt. Airy...)
There was word of the possibility of pulling the baskets for the winter...
But the latest word (from course designer AdamJ) on Osage Grove (Goshen) is that the baskets are to stay out as long as we keep respecting the course. He'd really like to get enough help out there to get some bridges in, and keep getting the course tuned up for a spring "Grand Opening", at which point it will go fully 'active' on DG Course Review.
For those who haven't heard yet, this course is already developing into the same caliber as the Cincinnati Big 3 (mentioned above).
Old 12-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Awesome. Thanks for the quick update.

edit- I've already hit up the big 3... of which Lincoln Ridge is my favorite. Will try to get this one in and a trip to the 'nati.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:06 PM
Double Eagle Member

Gotta say that this course delivered on all points. It is going to be a beast when it is finished. I am very jealous of you Nati'ans... or whatever you go by. The course designer, Adam, was our personal guide for the day. We were really lucky to get a round in with him. Once the summer hits, this course is going to be money. Thanks for all of the hard work guys.

Also, Sisyphus... I pm'd you back.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:27 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.5
Courses Played: 81
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub
Quote:
Originally Posted by InnocentCrook View Post
The main issue is the lack of bridges and steps. Safety issues.

Though I believe he wants to have tee signs in as well.
Bring the topic here.

That's correct, the tee signs aren't in yet, I played a week after the tourny and the temp signs were still there. It's not a hard course to follow and I love how the tall corn stalks are in play. I got stuck in that a couple times.

I do like the course and wish the reviews were turned on.