Old 01-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcBeth View Post
I didn't agree with their offer and I really didn't see the same "furthering the game" that they do. I'm curious how they really are going to further the game.
I posted this idea/question in the "pros leaving sponsors thread," ur take would be interesting. It sounds like prodigy basically courted as many as, what, 30 top pros. And they're all getting $10k base from prodigy.

It seems from my lowly point of view, that aside frOm the majors, it's been more financially viable for top pros to mostly play regionally, close to home, even b tiers, most weekends, where they know they'd be one of only a couple/few elites competing.

If all these top level guys and gals are making some base salary, have a vested interest in the company, and are being concentrated geographically, will they all start showing up at the same tourney week in week out? Could THIS be the "growing the sport/creating a 'legit' pro tour" thinking?
Old 01-01-2013, 12:23 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro71 View Post
I posted this idea/question in the "pros leaving sponsors thread," ur take would be interesting. It sounds like prodigy basically courted as many as, what, 30 top pros. And they're all getting $10k base from prodigy.

It seems from my lowly point of view, that aside frOm the majors, it's been more financially viable for top pros to mostly play regionally, close to home, even b tiers, most weekends, where they know they'd be one of only a couple/few elites competing.

If all these top level guys and gals are making some base salary, have a vested interest in the company, and are being concentrated geographically, will they all start showing up at the same tourney week in week out? Could THIS be the "growing the sport/creating a 'legit' pro tour" thinking?
So, correction, the "base salary" thing is just the latest "venom" circulating. I thought another poster had verified, but it's just speculation at this point...of course if they made you "the offer" you already know this.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:13 PM
.:2X World Champion Paul McBeth:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro71 View Post

All these players show up to the same events anyways, I don't see that as growing the sport.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:58 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 21
Quote:
Thats a golf shot and look at the hips for the speed. Also the toes are where I get the power from. In baseball EVERYTHING is on your toes.
Get out of my brain....
Old 01-01-2013, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedodger View Post
Get out of my brain....
It's the only way I know how to relate.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:59 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 35
Quote:
All these players show up to the same events anyways, I don't see that as growing the sport.
You're quite the insightful young man. You have a new fan.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 136
Send a message via AIM to New013
What's the farthest distance on a hole that you'll choose to drive with a putter, if you ever drive with a putter? If you do, what kind of holes do you choose a putter off the tee over a mid/driver?

This has been a heated topic on here before.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:16 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 35
I too would like to hear a pro's opinion on this.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltik View Post
You're quite the insightful young man. You have a new fan.
Thanks I try to be more than just another player.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
What's the farthest distance on a hole that you'll choose to drive with a putter, if you ever drive with a putter? If you do, what kind of holes do you choose a putter off the tee over a mid/driver?

This has been a heated topic on here before.
For me if there are small trees in the way and I need something to go straight and fall straight ill throw a putt with no wind or tailwind up to 300 then its pushing it
Closed Thread