#601  
Old 01-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Toro71's Avatar
Toro71 Toro71 is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Crown Town, USA
Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcBeth View Post
I didn't agree with their offer and I really didn't see the same "furthering the game" that they do. I'm curious how they really are going to further the game.
I posted this idea/question in the "pros leaving sponsors thread," ur take would be interesting. It sounds like prodigy basically courted as many as, what, 30 top pros. And they're all getting $10k base from prodigy.

It seems from my lowly point of view, that aside frOm the majors, it's been more financially viable for top pros to mostly play regionally, close to home, even b tiers, most weekends, where they know they'd be one of only a couple/few elites competing.

If all these top level guys and gals are making some base salary, have a vested interest in the company, and are being concentrated geographically, will they all start showing up at the same tourney week in week out? Could THIS be the "growing the sport/creating a 'legit' pro tour" thinking?
  #602  
Old 01-01-2013, 12:23 PM
Toro71's Avatar
Toro71 Toro71 is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Crown Town, USA
Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro71 View Post
I posted this idea/question in the "pros leaving sponsors thread," ur take would be interesting. It sounds like prodigy basically courted as many as, what, 30 top pros. And they're all getting $10k base from prodigy.

It seems from my lowly point of view, that aside frOm the majors, it's been more financially viable for top pros to mostly play regionally, close to home, even b tiers, most weekends, where they know they'd be one of only a couple/few elites competing.

If all these top level guys and gals are making some base salary, have a vested interest in the company, and are being concentrated geographically, will they all start showing up at the same tourney week in week out? Could THIS be the "growing the sport/creating a 'legit' pro tour" thinking?
So, correction, the "base salary" thing is just the latest "venom" circulating. I thought another poster had verified, but it's just speculation at this point...of course if they made you "the offer" you already know this.
  #603  
Old 01-01-2013, 03:13 PM
PMcBeth PMcBeth is online now
.:2X World Champion Paul McBeth:.
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 1,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro71 View Post
I posted this idea/question in the "pros leaving sponsors thread," ur take would be interesting. It sounds like prodigy basically courted as many as, what, 30 top pros. And they're all getting $10k base from prodigy.

It seems from my lowly point of view, that aside frOm the majors, it's been more financially viable for top pros to mostly play regionally, close to home, even b tiers, most weekends, where they know they'd be one of only a couple/few elites competing.

If all these top level guys and gals are making some base salary, have a vested interest in the company, and are being concentrated geographically, will they all start showing up at the same tourney week in week out? Could THIS be the "growing the sport/creating a 'legit' pro tour" thinking?
All these players show up to the same events anyways, I don't see that as growing the sport.
  #604  
Old 01-01-2013, 03:58 PM
bluedodger's Avatar
bluedodger bluedodger is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: TEXAS
Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcBeth View Post
Thats a golf shot and look at the hips for the speed. Also the toes are where I get the power from. In baseball EVERYTHING is on your toes.
Get out of my brain....
  #605  
Old 01-01-2013, 09:56 PM
PMcBeth PMcBeth is online now
.:2X World Champion Paul McBeth:.
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 1,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedodger View Post
Get out of my brain....
It's the only way I know how to relate.
  #606  
Old 01-01-2013, 09:59 PM
keltik's Avatar
keltik keltik is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Horneytown NC
Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcBeth View Post
All these players show up to the same events anyways, I don't see that as growing the sport.
You're quite the insightful young man. You have a new fan.
  #607  
Old 01-01-2013, 10:03 PM
New013's Avatar
New013 New013 is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC
Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 136
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,720
Send a message via AIM to New013
What's the farthest distance on a hole that you'll choose to drive with a putter, if you ever drive with a putter? If you do, what kind of holes do you choose a putter off the tee over a mid/driver?

This has been a heated topic on here before.
  #608  
Old 01-01-2013, 10:16 PM
keltik's Avatar
keltik keltik is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Horneytown NC
Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,815
I too would like to hear a pro's opinion on this.
  #609  
Old 01-01-2013, 10:18 PM
PMcBeth PMcBeth is online now
.:2X World Champion Paul McBeth:.
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 1,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by keltik View Post
You're quite the insightful young man. You have a new fan.
Thanks I try to be more than just another player.
 

  #610  
Old 01-01-2013, 10:21 PM
PMcBeth PMcBeth is online now
.:2X World Champion Paul McBeth:.
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 1,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
What's the farthest distance on a hole that you'll choose to drive with a putter, if you ever drive with a putter? If you do, what kind of holes do you choose a putter off the tee over a mid/driver?

This has been a heated topic on here before.
For me if there are small trees in the way and I need something to go straight and fall straight ill throw a putt with no wind or tailwind up to 300 then its pushing it
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.