Disc Golf Store
Old 01-02-2013, 10:37 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: RHFH
lat 64 fuse or core?

What do most people prefer and are these more buzzz like or roc like?
Old 01-02-2013, 10:43 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartley444 View Post
What do most people prefer and are these more buzzz like or roc like?
Core is similar to buzz.
Fuse is similar to comet.
Pain is similar to roc (new).
Old 01-02-2013, 10:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Both buzz like if anything no bead and faster.

Core is glidey and stable can hold a ton of lines. Very similar to the buzzz except a little turn.

Fuse. Glide city stable/understable mid. Very easy to hyzer flip for long lines. Very good anny disc. But will hold a nice straight line like a buzzz, but requires better form to perform this shot over the buzzz.

Both are great discs I would say the fuse is a must try.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:49 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 15
both are pretty different from rocs and buzzes. I use the fuse/core/pain combo for my mids. The core feels alot different from the buzz or roc. Faster than a buzz for sure but not sure if its adaptable as the buzz is. I use the core for straight midrange shots, thats it.

fuse is my understable mid. Nothing compares to a fuse, srry. Nothing glides like this disc. Opens up some crazy anny shots for anyone that uses it.

i hate rocs, so cant say much. Hate the rim and hate how they feel. Cant say too much to compare in that respect.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:04 PM
Birdie Member

I have a roc and a buzzz but lately I have been using putter combo of opto pure and wizard instead of mids and fairway drivers as my main driver. Wondering if I should add a mid combo to the bag again. The putters as drivers and mids have been working great and I've been using saints and leopards for everything else. And flick for thumber type shots. Any suggestions?
Old 01-02-2013, 11:18 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
From personal experience. the Pain and the Roc are almost interchangeable, they have very similar flight paths. The Fuse is slightly domey and is understable and the Core is flat and slightly stable. I got rid of my Fuse because I like stable to overstable discs.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartley444 View Post
I have a roc and a buzzz but lately I have been using putter combo of opto pure and wizard instead of mids and fairway drivers as my main driver. Wondering if I should add a mid combo to the bag again. The putters as drivers and mids have been working great and I've been using saints and leopards for everything else. And flick for thumber type shots. Any suggestions?
If I've read this correctly, you're wondering if a Core and Fuse would make a good combo worth throwing since you use a Wizard and Pure and Saint and Leos? Honestly, if you're getting satisfactory distance out of the putters but want a mid to bridge what gap you have b/w them and the drivers, I'd look into a Warship. (But I totally love the Fuse like my firstborn son)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchoate7 View Post
From personal experience. the Pain and the Roc are almost interchangeable, they have very similar flight paths. The Fuse is slightly domey and is understable and the Core is flat and slightly stable. I got rid of my Fuse because I like stable to overstable discs.
They make domey Cores and flat Fuses. But everything else you said is spot on.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:25 PM
Suffers from Delusions of Grandeur

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 134
Core is a Buzzz with no fade back. Very similar to old Elite X Buzzz with some wear on it. Maybe a Meteor is better comparison?

Fuse is very Comet-ish. TONS TONS TONS of glide. If you have good speed control you will love this disc. Low power players will get alot of straight distance with these.

DD Fugitive is a slightly more stable Core like disc. Closer to a Buzzz than Core.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:27 PM
Birdie Member

Old 01-02-2013, 11:28 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 25
Send a message via Yahoo to bdodson
Get both core and a fuse. They have their shots for sure