Old 01-03-2013, 10:41 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 23

You could always contact PIAS. There was a thread on here somewhere about PIAS donating baskets to a course and maybe getting in touch with Nikko about his disc golf expansion project might be a good idea bc of his partnership with Arroyo
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2013, 10:44 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 900
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Yahoo to harr0140

The Instep were like $65 at Costco this summer . . . maybe you can find them online somewhere. I know nothing about their durability other than the metal used is much thinner than the normal permanent baskets. It also doesnt look like it is powder coated, it just looks like it is painted and that paint will not live up to being left out. I am just guessing but if cost is the #1 concern initially maybe a perfect option. If I had only $1100 I would do that. If I had a way to raise money for the baskets I would step up to the lightning baskets or potentially go right to the cheapest of the DGA or Innova baskets
Old 06-08-2016, 09:41 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 14

Huge Necro Bump

I'm planning on putting a course at my cousins boy scout camp. Great land for DG and alot of teenagers to be introduced to the sport. I am looking for a cheap, but very efficient option.

So far, I am considering the Mach II and the Discatcher Sport. I want them to be PDGA legal, able to catch well, and able to be removed if need be. If someone could cut me a deal and/or give another choice, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Old 06-08-2016, 09:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 1236

As a result of this thread I was contacted by Jay Reading regarding the edge program - he was able to get a couple grants and reduce the price for us for 28 chain disccatchers to a reasonable number. I don't recall the exact numbers, but the package included 9 disccatcher pros, 3 innova travelers, 50 dx skeeters, 50 minis, a curriculum video and a couple other things. Could be worth looking in to.
Old 06-08-2016, 09:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 1236

Probably isn't as relevant, but I suppose it could be if you get lucky - I also got 9 baskets for the back 9 from a local club that had redesigned a 9 hole course, replacing their old homemade baskets (made by a college welding class) with 18 disccatcher pros, they had 10 of these homemade baskets laying around for a few years, so I picked them up for a great price. Could be worth asking around to local clubs if you know of any courses that may have been redesigned or pulled recently.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:05 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjtwinnova View Post
Huge Necro Bump

I'm planning on putting a course at my cousins boy scout camp. Great land for DG and alot of teenagers to be introduced to the sport. I am looking for a cheap, but very efficient option.

So far, I am considering the Mach II and the Discatcher Sport. I want them to be PDGA legal, able to catch well, and able to be removed if need be. If someone could cut me a deal and/or give another choice, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Id be happy to get you a quote from MVP and see what they can offer for the camp. PM with specifics on the peeps you're working with and price as the pro model could work.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:06 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Dewgarita View Post
As a result of this thread I was contacted by Jay Reading regarding the edge program - he was able to get a couple grants and reduce the price for us for 28 chain disccatchers to a reasonable number. I don't recall the exact numbers, but the package included 9 disccatcher pros, 3 innova travelers, 50 dx skeeters, 50 minis, a curriculum video and a couple other things. Could be worth looking in to.
Dude, mvp pro black hole,unless you want traveling skeeters
Old 06-08-2016, 10:20 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 14

Thanks for all the suggestions. As for who I am working with, he knows nothing about the sport, and I am going in on this one alone. I can contact the local designer, well acclaimed I should add, and ask him his opinion. The black holes look very nice, and the Pros are awesome but obviously more expensive without the grant. I want to spend less than 2500 dollars for 9 holes, maybe 3000.

Old 06-08-2016, 11:13 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 93

Salient is selling their baskets for $165 each, the ones used in the American Open