Disc Golf Store
Old 01-05-2013, 12:28 AM
.:3X World Champion Paul McBeth:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
Cmon Paul, do you really think if even half of America grew up discing you wouldn't have a lot more competition? I'm not saying you guys at the top wouldn't still be there just that there would be way more guys at your level.
Yes it would be more competition which would be great and more players would work harder... I just think the level would be pretty close to the same just more consitent play.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:34 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcBeth View Post
Well thats a catcher so i'm sure I can hit just as good if not better and I could probably play 2nd or shortstop better than him but he gets paid to catch.... I wouldn't dare think about playing catcher. I would compare myself to like a jeter career... we could play 162 games a year and i'm sure I can beat him atleast 5 times because I would learn his habits and strengths and weakness. So I think that would be more realistic.
me too! when I post it on a forum.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:38 AM
.:3X World Champion Paul McBeth:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabuku1 View Post
yeah, but if you could hit a ninety mile per hour fastball as good as a pro ball player then you wouldn't be throwing frisbees in the park.
Just cuz you can hit a baseball doesnt make you pro.... Driving 450+ feet doesn't make you pro. Making a wide open 3 pointer doesn't make you pro. I may have more fun traveling playing disc golf then wearing a jersey everyday and being told what to do by a coach. Has that thought ever crossed your mind? Not everyone needs milliins to be happy in life.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:39 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 1
There's a 13 year old baseball phenom somewhere out there that's going to pick up a disc one day. Now multiply that by 10, 30, 100...

The Paul Mcbeth's of the disc golf world will have their work cut out for them.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:43 AM
The Whole Flipping Shed

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 11
Send a message via Skype™ to Titanic_Sinks
Quote:
Well thats a catcher so i'm sure I can hit just as good if not better and I could probably play 2nd or shortstop better than him but he gets paid to catch.... I wouldn't dare think about playing catcher. I would compare myself to like a jeter career... we could play 162 games a year and i'm sure I can beat him atleast 5 times because I would learn his habits and strengths and weakness. So I think that would be more realistic.
C'mon now. Not only are we getting off topic, but this is turning into a brag fest, and a rather ridiculous one at that.

I have to say that I agree with the original Big Sky post. It's either a smaller gap, or I'm above average (and I'm NOT claiming that!). I'm pretty good at throwing a football, and among people I know and play with, I'm easily the most accurate. I've also been on field watching a pro quarterback go through a few throws, and I can't even begin to fathom how much better he was (and I'm talking about SECOND STRING!). I do think I could at least hang with a 1000+ rated pro. I'm saying...+2 to +5 strokes in 18. I've watched a lot of high level disc golf, and I really don't see the huge talent gap.

(MY OPINION!)
Old 01-05-2013, 12:43 AM
Double Eagle Member

it did cross my mind, but it doesn't matter what I think because I'm nobody special here. but I' not comin on here sayin I van beat professionals. and when you post some things on here that can seem a tad bit arrogant or might be totally speculative because it would never happen inreal life, I would expect someone with a little common sense to say something.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:46 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 123
!

Quote:
Why you talking crap about catchers? I was a catcher throughout HS (and was a lefty).....but DG was way more important to me at that point.

Unassisted triple at 8 years old too!...shortstop

WTF is the softball leagues? I am giving up DG for BG and softball
Old 01-05-2013, 12:46 AM
Double Eagle Member

and if you aren't being told what you can and can't do, then tell us all what discs are in your bag right now. ...
Old 01-05-2013, 12:49 AM
Double Eagle Member

I believe I watch videos where you are wearing a DD jersey that has your name on the back also. am I lying?

Old 01-05-2013, 12:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 123
Quote:
Yes it would be more competition which would be great and more players would work harder... I just think the level would be pretty close to the same just more consitent play.
I agree! More incentives are the big key.....If there was 1 million to be made playing disc a lot more players would put in the time needed to become the best they could be.