Old 01-06-2013, 09:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.2
Courses Played: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattc View Post
i started playing just for the exercise and that includes lugging around my discs
but i hope i am still playing when i am so old i need a cart
I'm 52 and I also started playing disc golf for (fun) exercise. I always have and hope to continue to carry my discs as long as I play. I have downsized to only what fits in a Fade Crunch bag, but the freedom of the small bag increases the fun of the round, especially on wooded and hilly courses.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:38 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 2
How can you hate on a cart? You only get one body in this life. The better you treat it the longer it will last. Hopefully for you your brain is bigger than your pride.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 34.9
Courses Played: 153
Throwing Style: LHBH
Still carrying a 20+ disc bag, but got a lightweight cart in the wings for when the weight becomes too much.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:56 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.2
In Texas when its over 100 and you are playing a 3-4hr round, it is nice to have a cart. I've had 4 different knee surgeries between both knees so any time I can get weight off my lower body it feels good. Any other time I just carry 6-7 discs and some water in a small bag.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:06 PM
Birdie Member

Yeah considering getting another cart for the summer, I have to carry a ton of water in this heat for me and my Penny. I personally don't care what anyone thinks about my cart, guys around here use them a lot and its kind of cool to see some of the modifications guys do to them. I actually had many compliments on mine. Only one douchbag made a bad comment about my cart but after I kicked his ass by 8 strokes he shut the hell up about my cart.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:03 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 815
Throwing Style: RHBH
I've played with several older players who wouldn't have been able to carry a full set of discs and enough water to get through a full round, I'm all for them if it works for you.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:26 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 53
Looks pretty good
Old 01-07-2013, 12:57 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 34
If I lived in a flat place like texas, I'd probably rock a cart. Personally though, I'm waiting eagerly for one of these to mod into a DG cart:
Old 01-07-2013, 10:05 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 22.2
Courses Played: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrod View Post
Here are some more examples of pull carts. I dont use my stroller cart all the time, it is kind of large to carry in the car all the time, I usually use it for tournaments or when Im playing with a large group so we might need an ice chest.

The pull cart im going to build for a friend is going to be a golf pull cart that folds up easier and it will help him with his bad back.
That cart in the third pic is my old one. I now have a jogging stroller I converted to a cart that I like better. I still have that pull cart and it is for sell but for local pickup only.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:12 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 22.2
Courses Played: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steezo View Post
In Texas when its over 100 and you are playing a 3-4hr round, it is nice to have a cart. I've had 4 different knee surgeries between both knees so any time I can get weight off my lower body it feels good. Any other time I just carry 6-7 discs and some water in a small bag.
Same reasons I use a cart also after three knee surgeries and three heart attacks. I started using one originally in the summer to carry lots of fluids but I have gotten to where I use it year round just so I can carry extra stuff such as a disc retreiver, chair, cooler, and also so I can pick up trash along the way and have a way to carry it.