Old 01-08-2013, 05:12 PM
Par Member

There is a 174 prototype ER Wizard floating around southern Ohio that I lost a couple months ago, I hope someone is treating it well.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2013, 03:47 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 9
The wizards just feel right. They make them in a g9i plastic now which is super firm and I love it, but still tacky on the surface.

When I started I was using an Aero, then an aviar. Then one day I found a grey organic magic sitting on the grass near a basket...kinda blended in with the grass. I started using it and just kept making putt after putt. Ever since then I won't putt with anything but gateway. The wizards are nice and flat on the top, can handle some torque but aren't ridiculously overstable, and the plastic is a really nice quality. For me it really just had more to do with how many putts I was making in and how much better they perform overall. Very reliable for short drives too. I picked up a bunch of really cool g9i wizards at the Clearwater shop while on vacation in Tampa. They have a lot of Gateway stuff down there...well they have a lot of everything down there.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:57 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 103
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by adevuyst View Post
The wizards just feel right. They make them in a g9i plastic now which is super firm and I love it, but still tacky on the surface.

When I started I was using an Aero, then an aviar. Then one day I found a grey organic magic sitting on the grass near a basket...kinda blended in with the grass. I started using it and just kept making putt after putt. Ever since then I won't putt with anything but gateway. The wizards are nice and flat on the top, can handle some torque but aren't ridiculously overstable, and the plastic is a really nice quality. For me it really just had more to do with how many putts I was making in and how much better they perform overall. Very reliable for short drives too. I picked up a bunch of really cool g9i wizards at the Clearwater shop while on vacation in Tampa. They have a lot of Gateway stuff down there...well they have a lot of everything down there.
Better stock up on the G9i's if you like them before the next mold run or stop using them in tourneys.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:24 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Awesome thread, lots of good info!

Old 03-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 53
I'm a recent convert to Magics. Not for putting though. I use a Soft off the tee and an SSS for approaches. They feel a lot more natural and respond better to a little wrist twist turnover action and elevator shots and such (compared to my Opto Pure).