Disc Golf Store
Old 12-21-2012, 11:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: RHBH
Volleyball and disc golf? I'm okay with this. I'm not too excited for jet ski racing... but I'll watch it if I got time
Old 12-22-2012, 12:18 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 42
JetSki World Finals take place here in Lake Havasu City, AZ. The location of the races is only a mile from our Disc Golf Course. Maybe Ill spectate this year from the beach with a Disc Golf Basket. That'll really merge the sports on the network.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:54 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 123
I assume nobody actually took the time to look up our marketing director so here is the link to the search results.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=...&bpcl=40096503
Old 12-22-2012, 11:12 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrawk View Post
its cool news... but i agree with part of vegan ray's argument... there is little hope behind 4 thirty minute spots (less if there are commercials) sandwiched between two other sports not likely to gain sustained popularity. i wiill still watch the shows with wide happy eyes and support the programing as much as possible.
If those four shows get good ratings, they could be expanded. If they get bad ratings, they could be replaced with some other sport.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:47 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 53
i wonder if flyboy's fancy remote controlled plane cam will be put to use for these televised events?

hopefully it's more than just a new disc manufacturer. and it's a team of folks who are willing to put themselves in the forefront, which ain't all glitz and glamour. if so, i prematurely applaud them in that respect.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 45
In my opinion this is going to be a waste of pdga money. Heck we already waste it on dgp.tv, but at least we can look past the beyond horrible quality (both technically and personally) because we love the sport. You let Duessler run a dgp.tv style broadcast on cable and we're going to be even more of a laughing stock. I think the Southern Nationals are looking better by the day.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:57 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYdischippy View Post
In my opinion this is going to be a waste of pdga money. Heck we already waste it on dgp.tv, but at least we can look past the beyond horrible quality (both technically and personally) because we love the sport. You let Duessler run a dgp.tv style broadcast on cable and we're going to be even more of a laughing stock. I think the Southern Nationals are looking better by the day.
Not sure how you can equate a live over internet broadcast to an over the tv edited program?
Old 01-11-2013, 02:38 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashiellx View Post
Not sure how youuate a live over internet broadcast to an over the tv edited program?
You can make assumptions based on the fact that the driving force of both is the same person. Maybe they can clean some of the rough edges up with editing, but if it's the same commentaters, film crew etc, there's only so much you can fix. Now if they were to use the proven record of a venture like Billy Crump and Clash, that would be different.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:44 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYdischippy View Post
Because of all their efforts to promote and grow the sport? Perhaps this venture is misguided, but that remains to be seen. I haven't seen SN making efforts to get disc golf on TV and according to a lot of people, that's what we really need to grow the sport.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:43 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashnut View Post
Because of all their efforts to promote and grow the sport? Perhaps this venture is misguided, but that remains to be seen. I haven't seen SN making efforts to get disc golf on TV and according to a lot of people, that's what we really need to grow the sport.
Your statement assumes I want the sport to grow. For the record I don't care if it does or not. I'm not a touring pro trying to legitimize the sport to make it a career. It's a very addicting hobby to me thats all. Why I like southern Nationals is the ease of use and player centered tourneys. It seems all the pdga cares about now is growing the sport and making money. On a side note, does anyone worry about a monopoly/conglomerate forming in the pdga? They have chosen dgp.tv to be the media vehicle. Greenwells in deep there, now he's one of the founding members of Prodigy, who is claiming to be changing the face of disc golf, whatever thats going to mean.
Not to mention Duessler is head of marketing and is running dgp.tv? is this why pdga didn't go with Clash for broadcasting? It all seems very top down to me and we're sending them $50 a year. Again, maybe I'll be taking myself to Southern Nationals.