#11  
Old 01-12-2013, 01:25 PM
silverbullet's Avatar
silverbullet silverbullet is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: arkansas
Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 19
Posts: 989
Does the prodiscus bag have a ton of room?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-12-2013, 01:25 PM
silverbullet's Avatar
silverbullet silverbullet is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: arkansas
Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 19
Posts: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarpfish View Post
Revo used to be the Cadillac of disc golf bags. Now that they have competition in the premium bag market, their reputation isn't quite as stellar as it once was. Their less than attentive customer service isn't helping matters either.
This is true. I love my carolina and after 3 years it still is in great condition ! just want something with more room. Customer Service ? LOL i have yet to get ANY
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-12-2013, 01:30 PM
throwfromthewoods's Avatar
throwfromthewoods throwfromthewoods is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Albany, NY
Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue View Post
I hate to be a kill joy, but you're better off not hearing from them. I had that bag for just one round before I sold it. It is without a doubt THE worst backpack design I've tried (Have a Grip and Mahal). The top is useless and the main opening is waaaay to small.
I'm sorry if I sound like a jerk, but I'd hate for anyone to waist their money on such a bad product.
I won't go THAT hard against them, but he is right. In their defense, though, they were basically the first to mainstream the backpack design for disc golf. Others have had the luxury of seeing what did and didn't work and expand on that. The problem I have always had with Revo is they almost NEVER do anything to tweak their models. The Carolina has been begging for better drink holders for years, and not a single nod from Revo that it's even being considered. The Flak has already gone through 3 runs of improvement. Grip also did some 1st run tweaking.

The Dual Pack design is both dated and not optimized. The Cabela's bag is a better option than a Dual Pack at this point.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-12-2013, 01:32 PM
throwfromthewoods's Avatar
throwfromthewoods throwfromthewoods is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Albany, NY
Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
Does the prodiscus bag have a ton of room?
If you're cool with spending the extra $70.00, yes. It's like a damn turtle shell on your back. If you can over-fill a Prodiscus, then you just plain have problems.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-12-2013, 01:37 PM
silverbullet's Avatar
silverbullet silverbullet is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: arkansas
Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 19
Posts: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by throwfromthewoods View Post
If you're cool with spending the extra $70.00, yes. It's like a damn turtle shell on your back. If you can over-fill a Prodiscus, then you just plain have problems.
I can spare another 70$ but should I? Lets hear from people who use one, does the prodiscus +/- more room then a dual pack. Also do they come in purple?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-12-2013, 01:50 PM
throwfromthewoods's Avatar
throwfromthewoods throwfromthewoods is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Albany, NY
Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,994
Unfortunately purple is not a color option. And yes, the Prodiscus has a LOT more room than a Revo. I said this in another thread, but it's like the hobo bag of disc golf. I could fit enough clothes and food and discs to just live on the course for a few days (I exaggerate only slightly).

The downside is, they are tough to come by as well. Kai has to ship them to you from Finland. So unless you can find one stateside, it's a tricky purchase. Marshall St has a couple as well, though. The turquoise they have in stock now is particularly sharp.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-12-2013, 01:55 PM
Johnny_Crunch Johnny_Crunch is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cypress TX
Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 54
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue View Post
I hate to be a kill joy, but you're better off not hearing from them. I had that bag for just one round before I sold it. It is without a doubt THE worst backpack design I've tried (Have a Grip and Mahal). The top is useless and the main opening is waaaay to small.
I'm sorry if I sound like a jerk, but I'd hate for anyone to waist their money on such a bad product.
This is very accurate. The bag is terrible and after being around one and recently building a PVC frame for one I will go out of my way to make sure people know how awful their back pack and communication are. Buyer beware.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-12-2013, 02:27 PM
BillyR BillyR is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 62
If you want a true upper compartment and storage check out the Challenger Pak.

Haven't had any complaints and it has a lifetime warranty.

Btw they will be unveiling the new website this week I heard. To get a preview check it out at physicalflightdg.com without the www

Just gives you an option
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-12-2013, 02:36 PM
mashnut's Avatar
mashnut mashnut is offline
*Super Moderator*
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Temecula, CA
Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 815
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 13,750
Another backpack to consider is the gorilla boy simian. It has a little less disc space, but a ton of storage and it's much more comfortable on the back than the dual pack, not to mention the built in stool. The main compartment holds 12-15 discs plus 2 putter pockets, either of the side pockets and the bottom pocket can hold an additional 3-4 discs or a full sized hoodie or all kinds of smaller stuff.
Reply With Quote
 

  #20  
Old 01-12-2013, 02:38 PM
silverbullet's Avatar
silverbullet silverbullet is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: arkansas
Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 19
Posts: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by throwfromthewoods View Post
Unfortunately purple is not a color option. And yes, the Prodiscus has a LOT more room than a Revo. I said this in another thread, but it's like the hobo bag of disc golf. I could fit enough clothes and food and discs to just live on the course for a few days (I exaggerate only slightly).

The downside is, they are tough to come by as well. Kai has to ship them to you from Finland. So unless you can find one stateside, it's a tricky purchase. Marshall St has a couple as well, though. The turquoise they have in stock now is particularly sharp.
its hard to see the color in that picture but I'm thinking i might go the prodiscus route .
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.