Old 01-12-2013, 02:39 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashnut View Post
Another backpack to consider is the gorilla boy simian. It has a little less disc space, but a ton of storage and it's much more comfortable on the back than the dual pack, not to mention the built in stool. The main compartment holds 12-15 discs plus 2 putter pockets, either of the side pockets and the bottom pocket can hold an additional 3-4 discs or a full sized hoodie or all kinds of smaller stuff.
i have seen the simian before and the seat is comfortable but are they comfortable on the back?
Old 01-12-2013, 02:43 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 750
Throwing Style: RHBH
More comfortable than the dual pack, not quite as comfortable as the grip. I have no problem carrying it all day on our course bagging adventures, 6-8 courses in a day and I never have any spots that rub or press on my back. There's a reasonable amount of padding between the frame and your back.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
its hard to see the color in that picture but I'm thinking i might go the prodiscus route .
Yeah, they didn't do the bag any wonders with the blue hue in the picture. But it really is a gorgeous bag. It's a light color though, so if your bags have a tendency to get dirty you will want to take that into consideration.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:10 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
I can spare another 70$ but should I? Lets hear from people who use one, does the prodiscus +/- more room then a dual pack. Also do they come in purple?
I've never actually seen the prodiscus bag in person, but have owned 2 dual packs, a simian, a grip, and now I have a MR golf mahal. The Mystery Ranch is without a doubt the most comfortable, and the biggest. The yoke system they use distributes the weigh better than any of them. I'm a big guy, and gettin the GB and grip off and on was my main issue.
I don't think you could go wrong with the Prodiscus, it looks like a monster, but FWIW the Mystery Ranch has a lifetime guarantee and is made in the USA. It can also be used as a carry on.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:36 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 36
I moved from a revo dual pack to a prodiscus, I can carry more discs, more extra stuff (towels and whatnot), and it rides on the back so much better. Worth the extra $ for sure.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:46 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 13
Prodiscus makes a purple backpack, saw one in the new style with the logo on the putter pocket on their marketing material on FB a while back. I think The Journey Post will order them for you or you can get them direct from Devan Owens on FB or from Kai (email address is on the board somewhere).
Old 01-12-2013, 03:48 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFer View Post
Prodiscus makes a purple backpack, saw one in the new style with the logo on the putter pocket on their marketing material on FB a while back. I think The Journey Post will order them for you or you can get them direct from Devan Owens on FB or from Kai (email address is on the board somewhere).
I stand corrected, then. I was actually unaware he was running a new set of colors.

Although on an off-note, I wish we'd get more info about that 12-15 disc backpack design he hinted at when these first came out.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:09 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 13
Well, now that I'm looking at it, they call it purple but it looks like a deep purplish maroon.

Old 01-12-2013, 05:27 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFer View Post
Journey post is 3 hours from me and Owens is from tulsa if I'm not mistaken. Tulsa is even closer. i will be contacting to see about a prodiscus. thanks guys for the info!