#1731  
Old 01-11-2013, 06:01 PM
crd 81's Avatar
crd 81 crd 81 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Courses Played: 23
Posts: 256
How does a Volt compare to an Escape?
Reply With Quote
  #1732  
Old 01-11-2013, 06:04 PM
Rogue9 Rogue9 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Norcal
Posts: 363
I have a 168 and a 175 volt and the lighter one is definitely more over stable than the heavy one.
Reply With Quote
  #1733  
Old 01-11-2013, 06:27 PM
g2avity g2avity is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Plymouth, MN
Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue9 View Post
I have a 168 and a 175 volt and the lighter one is definitely more over stable than the heavy one.
I haven't thrown any other Volts except my 175g but it definitely turns, even if released on a slight hyzer.
Reply With Quote
  #1734  
Old 01-11-2013, 06:43 PM
JReynolds JReynolds is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tri-Cities, WA
Courses Played: 23
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2avity View Post
I haven't thrown any other Volts except my 175g but it definitely turns, even if released on a slight hyzer.
And my 170g volt turns when thrown on a hyzer, but my 175g volt doesnt turn even when thrown flat
Reply With Quote
  #1735  
Old 01-11-2013, 07:00 PM
Toro71's Avatar
Toro71 Toro71 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Crown Town, USA
Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by JReynolds View Post
And my 170g volt turns when thrown on a hyzer, but my 175g volt doesnt turn even when thrown flat
Huh, crazy. Maybe the answer depends on the throwers rotational vs. forward velocity...? Like, higher spins get more turn with heavier weights, since in theory, most if not all the added weight is on the outer edge?

I may stick with just the 176 one, and team it with the Teebird, seeing after 2.5 yrs, and 4 lost teebirds, I'm finally getting one to fly like it should.
Reply With Quote
  #1736  
Old 01-11-2013, 07:02 PM
Toro71's Avatar
Toro71 Toro71 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Crown Town, USA
Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by crd 81 View Post
How does a Volt compare to an Escape?
I got no clue on the Escape...
Reply With Quote
  #1737  
Old 01-11-2013, 07:44 PM
JReynolds JReynolds is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tri-Cities, WA
Courses Played: 23
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro71 View Post
Huh, crazy. Maybe the answer depends on the throwers rotational vs. forward velocity...? Like, higher spins get more turn with heavier weights, since in theory, most if not all the added weight is on the outer edge?

I may stick with just the 176 one, and team it with the Teebird, seeing after 2.5 yrs, and 4 lost teebirds, I'm finally getting one to fly like it should.
Thats a solid theory. The more logical explanation is that its me, not the disc.
Reply With Quote
  #1738  
Old 01-12-2013, 05:50 PM
Toro71's Avatar
Toro71 Toro71 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Crown Town, USA
Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,724
Volt?!

Volt:

The disc that knows what to do when I don't know what the bleep I'm DOing
Reply With Quote
  #1739  
Old 03-03-2013, 06:34 PM
Menacewarf's Avatar
Menacewarf Menacewarf is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Maine
Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,869
This thread needs a bump for a sick disc. I've been throwing this for 50%+ of drives on some courses and it is just such an easy to throw, reliable driver.

I'm definitely guilty of bragging when I say it but almost every time I throw my volt i get ohhs and ahhs, and "beautiful shots", and it's true. I give more credit to the disc than anything. It truly does fly different than other discs. There is a certain functional beauty to every volt throw in the way it locks in to a line. And the ease of throwing it makes it so consistent. I would say just look at the way Barry throws beasts, but imagine an eagle flight, and you have a volt.

Last edited by Menacewarf; 03-03-2013 at 06:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
 

  #1740  
Old 03-03-2013, 10:42 PM
Phenn's Avatar
Phenn Phenn is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 14
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro71 View Post
Volt:

The disc that knows what to do when I don't know what the bleep I'm DOing
Couldn't agree more. This is going in the sig.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.