Old 01-15-2013, 08:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hlasianguy06 View Post
I knocked the logo out of my obex, though the vicious thorn trees we have may have had part in it. I'll put a pick up later.
dang!!! popped right out eh?? i was wondering about a hot stamp. got one with a cheesy hotstamp and hoping it will come off.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:58 PM
Eagle Member

Yea, we have some really nasty trees with thorns(can't remember their name, not an arborist) that it went into and I saw it nail the trunk and kick off left. Picked it up, noticed it was gone and went looking for it. I wanted it back as a souvenir, though it could have been a different hole. There weren't any thorns in it though so I don't really know what happened, Mr. Dodge never heard of it happening before and no real truth to why. I like it and it still flies great albeit warped a little.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:02 PM
Eagle Member

I take that back, one possibility was an old batch of logos not bonding properly but it hasn't happened to anyone else yet so that may or may not be true.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:08 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
dang!!! popped right out eh?? i was wondering about a hot stamp. got one with a cheesy hotstamp and hoping it will come off.
Oh! Lol my mistake I don't see why you couldn't just use some fingernail polish remover or acetone, I'm pretty sure rubber can take it.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:13 PM
* Ace Member *

^i am pretty sure too, but the stamp on this thing is just fugly!!! I am hoping it comes off. Dont see too many stamped vibram. in fact it should be illegal to cover up the rubber in any way!!

if anyone has had success removing a hotstamp on a vibram please let me know. I will know come friday, just hoping to get an observation before then.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hlasianguy06 View Post
I take that back, one possibility was an old batch of logos not bonding properly but it hasn't happened to anyone else yet so that may or may not be true.
Yeah I've heard of people popping the logos off on purpose, but I've never heard of it happening on the course. Seems like it had to be one of the discs with the bonding problem.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:18 PM
Eagle Member

For now I'll just keep referring to myself as Sir Snap or maybe Vibram Slayer
Old 01-15-2013, 11:30 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDodge View Post
Hi All, my apologies for the extended absence. You would think the Winter would be the time when I would be able to settle things down and pay the most attention here, but NOOOOOO..., with the Birdie Bash, planning for OR, deciding what new discs to make (yes, I'm a tease ) and making sure that the Vibram Open and Players Cup are both broadcast on DGP.TV this year, I've been busier than ever before!

And I too am a Summit man. I played this weekend and had 5 or 6 Summit Scrambles from 120-150 feet. Beautiful annys through the trees and landing within 10 feet of the pin. It is awesome being super confident in the way a disc is going to fly!
"Deciding what new discs to make." Steve says disc(s). Being an awesomely addicted Vibramite....I must say I can't wait for the new discs coming out from Vibram in 2013! Knowing how Steve listens to us makes me even more excited! Hopefully a Firebird/Predator, an overstable Lace, and an overstable Obex are in the future. Bring on the overstable discs! Love 'em.

On a separate note, does anyone besides me throw max weight (175 g) Laces? Seems that most Vibramites on this thread have weights in the 160s or very low 170s. I have two first run Laces (175 g) that I picked up from GGGT the very hour they arrived in-store so I nabbed the best two. They fly like a faster Destroyer with more glide. It's craziness. Can't wait to chuck them in the summer as it's winter in Minny and 'Sconsin.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:06 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 17
Looking at Laces on communitydiscs I couldn't even find any in the 170s...if I remember correctly. That's why I went with a 166.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:14 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 26
^ I know, getting excited about addition(s) to my bag.

Laces @ 166 and 169. I'd like to try a light weight one just for sh!ts and giggles though. Wondering how the firm is going to compare when it comes out.
Closed Thread