#1081  
Old 01-17-2013, 01:09 AM
PMcBeth PMcBeth is offline
.:3X World Champion Paul McBeth:.
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 1,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by costoid View Post
I've been interested in those star gazelle's. how do you like them, Paul? A little straighter than a teebird, or just less distance?
they were more stable than the glow champion ones. they had a pretty big dome and a lot of glide, for me it flew straight for about 270 then slowly faded right on a rhbh.
  #1082  
Old 01-17-2013, 01:11 AM
PMcBeth PMcBeth is offline
.:3X World Champion Paul McBeth:.
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 1,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2avity View Post
What are your thoughts on the Rhyno, in any plastic? Have you thrown them much?
ive never truly been a fan. i dont like the thumb trac of the flight just never been my type of disc. i do know people that love them through its just never been my thing.
  #1083  
Old 01-17-2013, 01:11 AM
PMcBeth PMcBeth is offline
.:3X World Champion Paul McBeth:.
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 1,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc430 View Post
And they're all really domey. My glows are flat and more stable than DX, how do the stars compare?
more over stable with more glide.
  #1084  
Old 01-17-2013, 01:14 AM
PMcBeth PMcBeth is offline
.:3X World Champion Paul McBeth:.
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 1,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
Amazing, hopefully one day I can get one at long range. What's your approach to more open holes at that distance, like 480+? I see some people hyzer flip straight at it while I usually try to fade it in.
a hyzer flip is good but if i know i can reach it with something over stable i will because i know i can turn that disc over and even if its to much or not enough it only has one place to finish and thats left (rhbh) compared to a flip up if you put to much its a roller not enough hyzers out ect.
  #1085  
Old 01-17-2013, 02:26 AM
Stankyjahnke's Avatar
Stankyjahnke Stankyjahnke is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Lake in the hills, IL
Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcBeth View Post
a hyzer flip is good but if i know i can reach it with something over stable i will because i know i can turn that disc over and even if its to much or not enough it only has one place to finish and thats left (rhbh) compared to a flip up if you put to much its a roller not enough hyzers out ect.
when you do this. Do you throw it flat or a little annhyzer outta your hand and force it to s-curve or do you just have enough power to turn them over? I'm talking about like destroyers and other very overstable discs. hope that made sense
  #1086  
Old 01-17-2013, 02:49 AM
phrumphkin's Avatar
phrumphkin phrumphkin is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: north CA
Posts: 42
Paul, have you ever bagged a 12x teebird? What are the flight differences between those and the flatter 11x's you and a lot of pros seem to use? Does the extra dome of most 12x's make them less stable?
  #1087  
Old 01-17-2013, 02:53 AM
costoid costoid is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 250
The new 12x's are more stable than the original run 12x's from a couple years back (pre flight numbers). I have a domey 171 and it's pretty stable. But, I'll let McB give his expert advice.
  #1088  
Old 01-17-2013, 10:38 AM
PMcBeth PMcBeth is offline
.:3X World Champion Paul McBeth:.
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 1,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stankyjahnke View Post
when you do this. Do you throw it flat or a little annhyzer outta your hand and force it to s-curve or do you just have enough power to turn them over? I'm talking about like destroyers and other very overstable discs. hope that made sense
i do it with slight anhyzer to force the S
  #1089  
Old 01-17-2013, 10:39 AM
PMcBeth PMcBeth is offline
.:3X World Champion Paul McBeth:.
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 1,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrumphkin View Post
Paul, have you ever bagged a 12x teebird? What are the flight differences between those and the flatter 11x's you and a lot of pros seem to use? Does the extra dome of most 12x's make them less stable?
i have before they are just a hair straighter nothing to different. pros just prefer the plastic type more then the flight.
 

  #1090  
Old 01-17-2013, 10:50 AM
BradleyWilliams's Avatar
BradleyWilliams BradleyWilliams is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 180
Posts: 232
Do you love me, Paul? If yes, don't keep me waiting. If no, I blame Brittany.



Oh.. a friend wants to know.. how do star Skeeters fly?


Thanks Honey.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.