Old 01-16-2013, 12:23 AM
Eagle Member

Most of the heavies got snatched up on community discs, he even got me one at 179. Currently I'm using a 174 and 175, I'll use the 179 for windy days.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDodge View Post
4B. We will also be at Pro and Am Worlds, Bowling Green and some other events (mostly VOQs and events near retailers we will be visiting).
Well, I will plan to see you at Am Worlds then. You are always more than welcome to come back to Colorado though I know when you were here last year you said it was an every other year thing. It might be weird only seeing you once this year. Maybe I will have to plan a trip out for the Am side of the Vibram Open.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 13
So I have been playing a ton of winter golf this year. And the plan was to try out a wide variety of discs so I could have a general idea what my bag would like once the weather got nice again...

But Vibram has ruined plastic discs for me. They all feel slick and uncomfortable and just plain wrong in my hand. Even on the warmer days the plastic discs just don't feel as good in my hand or feel grippy. And on cold or wet days, they dont grip at all and just feel terrible.

I was really, really trying to give other manufacturers a chance. But bravo to you Vibram for making the best feeling/grippy (even in adverse conditions) discs. I do not foresee myself switching away from an all Vibram bag anytime soon and possibly ever!
Old 01-18-2013, 01:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodysseus View Post
So I have been playing a ton of winter golf this year. And the plan was to try out a wide variety of discs so I could have a general idea what my bag would like once the weather got nice again...

But Vibram has ruined plastic discs for me. They all feel slick and uncomfortable and just plain wrong in my hand. Even on the warmer days the plastic discs just don't feel as good in my hand or feel grippy. And on cold or wet days, they dont grip at all and just feel terrible.

I was really, really trying to give other manufacturers a chance. But bravo to you Vibram for making the best feeling/grippy (even in adverse conditions) discs. I do not foresee myself switching away from an all Vibram bag anytime soon and possibly ever!
In rounds where temps have been below 20 degrees F I have had some problems with early release on my Vibram discs, but I can't even begin to imagine what my Z or Champion stuff would have done. I really love the grip on Vibram discs.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:31 PM

Courses Played: 2
Greetings,

Closing in at the 20 mark on vibram rubber and loving it, from sole to lace i got almost every mould/rubber combination (thou missing vp entirely), it was like the famous quote about a box of chocolates when you were ordering these frisbees (about the color) until i discovered the marshall(streetDG) Price is almost the same when ordering here in Finland unless there are some sales, no local stores to purchase them :/.

But one thing comes to mind about colors, the yellow seems to be very rare? Also its a shame the soft compound seems to be a solid color always, another reason why this is the least of my favorite from the three.
Another is one of my soft soles is being very stable / early to fade, with medium i can putt straight to the basket from around 5m but the soft goes almost instantly left, it is 2 grams heavier.

Should yellow sole x-link be an instagrab for vibram enthusiast? My #1 putter choice isnt clear just yet, either sole, summit or ridge. All vibram since december 2012
Old 01-19-2013, 04:56 PM
Birdie Member

When will X-link Firm Laces be out??
Old 01-19-2013, 07:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 414
I think they don't make yellow discs because it would clash with the Vibram logo... maybe...
Old 01-19-2013, 07:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 13
Riqu,
The only yellow Vibrams I know of are the "footprint" first run Traks. So if you have the chance to buy a yellow Sole (i've never seen or heard of one), definitely go for it. I agree that a yellow Vibram disc would look incredibly sharp, but it also wouldn't showcase the Vibram logo.

As for the softs being more overstable, I have definitely found that too be true. If you want to match stabilities as closely as possible, I'd get the soft disc about 3-5 grams lighter than the disc you're looking to match it to. And as to the point about them only being a single color, I know they had trouble running softs at first. That's why they only run them in the fall (it's cooler so they don't start forming before they're put into the mold correctly) and maybe running them as a single color is easier or more consistent (probably both).

And may I ask why you don't have any VPs? I personally use them to putt, but even if I didn't, they are the definition of a good approach disc: slow, overstable, and will hit and stick. If you haven't tried them yet, I'd recommend it. The VP is my favorite disc mold of all time, and the VP/Summit combo can cover every shot 250' and in.

ThrowVibram,
I know Steve and Vibram wanted to get the firms out in January, but they also wanted to make sure they met the demand for mediums and it seems to me that the Laces are selling extremely well. They'll start running firms once they've ran enough mediums to fill out their orders and probably build up a little surplus. So, my guess (this of course is PURE speculation) would be they'll start running firm Laces sometime in February.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowVibram View Post
When will X-link Firm Laces be out??
middle of Feb

Old 01-19-2013, 09:38 PM
Double Eagle Member