#41  
Old 01-17-2013, 03:49 AM
redrum's Avatar
redrum redrum is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Harrison Twp, Michigan
Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 121
They have recently dropped the SP from the stamp. The "Zero Sinus" is the SP. No difference at all. I just got one in along with 2 APs. Got to throw them a bit. Love them all. I think the "SP" will make the bag right away bc of the grip and feel. But the APs may well be the driving putter while the "SP" handles appraoch and wind putt duties.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-17-2013, 11:03 AM
LPJackson123 LPJackson123 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 26
I love my sinuses, they literally replaced 3 or 4 molds that I was using before. I don't put with them much, but they are money for midrange/apprach shots. They have been good to me, they are great for getting out of trouble. It's also one of the few discs that I flick regularly.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-17-2013, 11:37 AM
doctor professor's Avatar
doctor professor doctor professor is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 916
Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 18
Posts: 594
Had a sinus ap that I liked but I couldn't justify kicking anything out of my bag for it. I gave it to a buddy who really needed it, he loves that disc and uses it for mainly an approach disc. Not really the best for putting IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-17-2013, 12:49 PM
Plankeye's Avatar
Plankeye Plankeye is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 40
Posts: 1,540
I sold mine to booter. I had serious griplock issues with it so I went back to the zone.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-17-2013, 03:24 PM
archmage archmage is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oulu, Finland
Posts: 205
I would definitely give the Sinus a shot if it came in premium plastic. It could be the perfect complement to the Opto Pures which I love so much.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 01-17-2013, 03:25 PM
tbird888's Avatar
tbird888 tbird888 is offline
Salient Disc Test Team
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cincinnati
Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: LHFH
Posts: 10,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by archmage View Post
I would definitely give the Sinus a shot if it came in premium plastic. It could be the perfect complement to the Opto Pures which I love so much.
I've been throwing my AP for about three months now, and it's still beefy and in good shape. Don't underestimate base plastics.

That said, I wouldn't mind an Opto Sinus.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-16-2013, 01:34 PM
Js73 Js73 is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Silverdale, WA
Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 54
Ahhhh. Just a heads up guys. Originally I thought my Zero SP would hold up but threw it yesterday with the temp warming up to 50ish and it doesn't like trees at all. The Plh gets destroyed and folded over on contact. Shopping for a new one today.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-16-2013, 02:04 PM
archmage archmage is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oulu, Finland
Posts: 205
Well, I took the plunge and got a Sinus AP to compete for the OS putter slot with my VPs. The AP doesn't feel quite as fragile as the softer Zero, but I'll have to play with it for a while to get a proper verdict. So far I'm liking the feel and flight. More comfortable in the hand than the VP, and actually might be even more overstable, but it's also slightly faster, and I like how slow the VP is. The VP obviously will have an edge in durability too, but by how much, that remains to be seen. I can see myself getting used to the Sinus AP if it doesn't wear in too fast. I'm also a bit worried about the future availability of the AP, but maybe Zero Hard will be the same or similar enough plastic.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-16-2013, 05:02 PM
DoOgSauce DoOgSauce is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: IDAHO!
Courses Played: 32
Posts: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by archmage View Post
Well, I took the plunge and got a Sinus AP to compete for the OS putter slot with my VPs. The AP doesn't feel quite as fragile as the softer Zero, but I'll have to play with it for a while to get a proper verdict. So far I'm liking the feel and flight. More comfortable in the hand than the VP, and actually might be even more overstable, but it's also slightly faster, and I like how slow the VP is. The VP obviously will have an edge in durability too, but by how much, that remains to be seen. I can see myself getting used to the Sinus AP if it doesn't wear in too fast. I'm also a bit worried about the future availability of the AP, but maybe Zero Hard will be the same or similar enough plastic.
Why not both? My VP is my main putter and the disc I use 100 feet and in when I run want to run the chains or want it to sit close. I use the sinus for shots further out that I really want to put some muscle on.
Reply With Quote
 

  #50  
Old 02-16-2013, 06:01 PM
archmage archmage is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oulu, Finland
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoOgSauce View Post
Why not both? My VP is my main putter and the disc I use 100 feet and in when I run want to run the chains or want it to sit close. I use the sinus for shots further out that I really want to put some muscle on.
I don't want to carry too many different molds. I already carry Pures for putting putters and straight/anny putter drives, so one overstable putter mold is enough to do everything else.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.