Old 01-17-2013, 03:49 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
They have recently dropped the SP from the stamp. The "Zero Sinus" is the SP. No difference at all. I just got one in along with 2 APs. Got to throw them a bit. Love them all. I think the "SP" will make the bag right away bc of the grip and feel. But the APs may well be the driving putter while the "SP" handles appraoch and wind putt duties.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:03 AM

I love my sinuses, they literally replaced 3 or 4 molds that I was using before. I don't put with them much, but they are money for midrange/apprach shots. They have been good to me, they are great for getting out of trouble. It's also one of the few discs that I flick regularly.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:37 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 18
Had a sinus ap that I liked but I couldn't justify kicking anything out of my bag for it. I gave it to a buddy who really needed it, he loves that disc and uses it for mainly an approach disc. Not really the best for putting IMO.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 40
I sold mine to booter. I had serious griplock issues with it so I went back to the zone.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:24 PM
Par Member

I would definitely give the Sinus a shot if it came in premium plastic. It could be the perfect complement to the Opto Pures which I love so much.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:25 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by archmage View Post
I would definitely give the Sinus a shot if it came in premium plastic. It could be the perfect complement to the Opto Pures which I love so much.
I've been throwing my AP for about three months now, and it's still beefy and in good shape. Don't underestimate base plastics.

That said, I wouldn't mind an Opto Sinus.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:34 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Ahhhh. Just a heads up guys. Originally I thought my Zero SP would hold up but threw it yesterday with the temp warming up to 50ish and it doesn't like trees at all. The Plh gets destroyed and folded over on contact. Shopping for a new one today.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:04 PM
Par Member

Well, I took the plunge and got a Sinus AP to compete for the OS putter slot with my VPs. The AP doesn't feel quite as fragile as the softer Zero, but I'll have to play with it for a while to get a proper verdict. So far I'm liking the feel and flight. More comfortable in the hand than the VP, and actually might be even more overstable, but it's also slightly faster, and I like how slow the VP is. The VP obviously will have an edge in durability too, but by how much, that remains to be seen. I can see myself getting used to the Sinus AP if it doesn't wear in too fast. I'm also a bit worried about the future availability of the AP, but maybe Zero Hard will be the same or similar enough plastic.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:02 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by archmage View Post
Well, I took the plunge and got a Sinus AP to compete for the OS putter slot with my VPs. The AP doesn't feel quite as fragile as the softer Zero, but I'll have to play with it for a while to get a proper verdict. So far I'm liking the feel and flight. More comfortable in the hand than the VP, and actually might be even more overstable, but it's also slightly faster, and I like how slow the VP is. The VP obviously will have an edge in durability too, but by how much, that remains to be seen. I can see myself getting used to the Sinus AP if it doesn't wear in too fast. I'm also a bit worried about the future availability of the AP, but maybe Zero Hard will be the same or similar enough plastic.
Why not both? My VP is my main putter and the disc I use 100 feet and in when I run want to run the chains or want it to sit close. I use the sinus for shots further out that I really want to put some muscle on.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:01 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoOgSauce View Post
Why not both? My VP is my main putter and the disc I use 100 feet and in when I run want to run the chains or want it to sit close. I use the sinus for shots further out that I really want to put some muscle on.
I don't want to carry too many different molds. I already carry Pures for putting putters and straight/anny putter drives, so one overstable putter mold is enough to do everything else.