Route saving has been fixed.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:40 AM
*Administrator*

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 242
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarpfish View Post
The problem that I've had with the road trip feature is that I can't change route direction without having to start a new segment. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?
What do you mean by change the direction?
Old 01-18-2013, 10:46 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by timg View Post
Route saving has been fixed.
You da man, Tim! Works great again.

Folks, this feature alone is worth a Premium membership! Try it for a year! I'll be renewing annually, myself.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:11 AM
<------ your ad here

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timg
I think the Print Route link didn't function correctly with the old route map, that should work now.
Sweet! Copy + Paste is so gauche.

Re: the quality of directions given by the planner. Other than the first couple of times I used this feature, directions have been spot on. Unfortunately, I had the bad luck of getting weird directions (i.e., misnamed roads) the first two or three times out.

Talk about frustrating.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:17 PM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 315
Quote:
What do you mean by change the direction?
As in I don't want to plan a route where I don't travel in a straight line from Start to Finish and only hit courses that are up to 30 miles either side of that line. As in, how do I do this, in only two or three segments instead of having to do seven or eight?

I've figured out how to bend the line, by adding courses and readjusting the route. Occasionally, I've had to add a course that I don't want to play and readjust, just to bring one that I do want to play within the 30 mile range, then drop the course that I used to move the line.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:16 PM
*Administrator*

I'd need to change how the map works to some degree for that to be more easily done. I'm planning on adding custom stops (which would make that way easier) and at some point making it a sort of hybrid of the browse/route map to achieve a similar result to entering a destination manually.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 164
Scarpfish, I can see how you might want to go through a town to define a route, but not really want to play a course there.

Quote:
I'd need to change how the map works to some degree for that to be more easily done. I'm planning on adding custom stops (which would make that way easier) and at some point making it a sort of hybrid of the browse/route map to achieve a similar result to entering a destination manually.
That sounds interesting.

I don't know if this is helpful (we may be saying the same thing, scarpfish), but what I do is list my start location, and enter my destination as the first town I plan to go near, then narrow or widen the band, and scroll the bar for the start/stop (green/red) so that it's close to the course I'm playing in that town. Then I type the name of the next town on my itinerary and refresh. Then I repeat until my loop is complete.

Just like anything on a computer, there are solutions, and then there are work-arounds!
Old 01-18-2013, 02:29 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 141
Throwing Style: RHFH
I also am unable to save new road trips... :-(
Old 01-18-2013, 02:35 PM
*Administrator*

Try reloading the page, that issue has been fixed.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11
Courses Played: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarpfish View Post
As in I don't want to plan a route where I don't travel in a straight line from Start to Finish and only hit courses that are up to 30 miles either side of that line. As in, how do I do this, in only two or three segments instead of having to do seven or eight?

I've figured out how to bend the line, by adding courses and readjusting the route. Occasionally, I've had to add a course that I don't want to play and readjust, just to bring one that I do want to play within the 30 mile range, then drop the course that I used to move the line.
Another solution I've used is to change the "To:" field just above the map as you plan the route out in segments. So in your map for example I would say from Hutchinson, KS to Denton, TX and add the courses you want along that route. Then change the "To" field from Denton, TX to Little Rock, AR, click the Go button and add the courses you want along that route, etc.

That's how I created this map: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/roadtr...d=2675&tid=170