Old 01-06-2013, 06:23 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 108
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiswonisloaded View Post
I thought the course was already great during the tournament and looking at the new distances/layout, according to up in the air, the multiple pads and everything else will make this course even better.
Yup, when I was talking with Andrew (who designed the course). He said the multiple tees make for two completely different courses. The short tees are a challenging course in it self with the given pars. The long tees are another story all together!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:25 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
>>--Leila Arboretum DGC-- Battle Creek {18 Holes}<<

Wow! That's where people played object Frisbee Golf long before there were basket courses around...

>>--Ramona Park-- Portage {9-18 Holes}<<

Say it's so! ANOTHER new course 15 minutes from me? Did I warp to the year 2525 or something?
Nope, not year 2525. I got this info from township/city master plans. These courses should be coming soon. Not sure who the designers are, but they are in the works for the near future.

The Battle Creek/Portage/Kalamazoo area is becoming quite the disc golf mecca if I must say.

Last edited by DirtyMittenDG; 01-06-2013 at 06:28 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:33 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMittenDG View Post
Nope, not year 2525. I got this info from township/city master plans. These courses should be coming soon. Not sure who the designers are, but they are in the works for the near future.

The Battle Creek/Portage/Kalamazoo area is becoming quite the disc golf mecca if I must say.
I currently played every course in Battle Creek and Portage (Except Dexter Lake Church), but none in the Zoo. With these new courses coming I might have a day ahead of me (Robert Morris, Oshtemo, Air Zoo, Knollwood, Leila Arboretum, Ramona Park). No one could play all the courses in that area in one day. Props to the local scene in that area for exploding the awareness all around!

Last edited by DirtyMittenDG; 01-06-2013 at 06:38 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:36 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 25.4
Don't forget Vicksburg! It will reportedly get cement tees this spring...
Old 01-09-2013, 07:00 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 72
Anybody have additional information about Rotary Park in Livonia?
Old 01-14-2013, 11:48 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.3
Courses Played: 94
The new Belle Isle course delivers. Everyone should check it out. It's a bit wet right now, but after digging a trench for the water fountain yesterday things should dry up well in a few days. I liked shooting at the targets and I think it offered a different (but equally fun) challenge from the metal baskets.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:18 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.3
Courses Played: 94
DirtyMitten: got a new one for ya.

I know this isn't technically MI, but Windsor is pretty much a suburb of Detroit so I'm going to lobby to include it here:

[pending 2013]
Lakewood Park - Tecumseh, ON
18 hole course on a former ball golf course. Many mature old trees and interesting features on a 65 acre site right off of Lake St. Clair. It's been win after win on getting this course green-lit. The town is realizing they have a unique opportunity to bring disc golf to an area that doesn't have anything within a 2 hr. drive. We don't have a definite in-writing YES yet, but all of the signs are very promising so far. Side bonus: 5 min walk from my house.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by esdubya View Post
DirtyMitten: got a new one for ya.

I know this isn't technically MI, but Windsor is pretty much a suburb of Detroit so I'm going to lobby to include it here:

[pending 2013]
Lakewood Park - Tecumseh, ON
18 hole course on a former ball golf course. Many mature old trees and interesting features on a 65 acre site right off of Lake St. Clair. It's been win after win on getting this course green-lit. The town is realizing they have a unique opportunity to bring disc golf to an area that doesn't have anything within a 2 hr. drive. We don't have a definite in-writing YES yet, but all of the signs are very promising so far. Side bonus: 5 min walk from my house.
Sounds cool. But probably won't be added to the list. Maybe if Michiganders could get there without a passport... I've yet to even play a course across the river. WAY to hard to get over there.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:31 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMittenDG View Post
Sounds cool. But probably won't be added to the list. Maybe if Michiganders could get there without a passport... I've yet to even play a course across the river. WAY to hard to get over there.
I'm sure you already know this but we can get the enhanced license to get over there. I believe its only $45, and at the border I think they put in a fast lane for people who use the enhanced license instead of a passport.

Old 01-18-2013, 03:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiswonisloaded View Post
I'm sure you already know this but we can get the enhanced license to get over there. I believe its only $45, and at the border I think they put in a fast lane for people who use the enhanced license instead of a passport.
True. But the course still isn't in Michigan...