Old 01-18-2013, 03:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
I wish... I've had no time to fap to KP or go to GGGT due to work. 60 hour work weeks since Christmas puts a damper on everything.
Get your priorities straight kid. If youre going to be a hi level fan boi/low level stalker, you cant let things like '60 hour work weeks' get in the way of KP Fap Time (capitalized to show importance)
Old 01-18-2013, 03:18 PM

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHBH
I'm already a MVP fan, I love the anode and I'm learning the volt. And now they make a disc named after me. It's my last name. . I'll be preordering a couple from community.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by plex View Post
Calling me stupid brings to mind your inability to explain in a more civil, educated manner why i am wrong.

I know what a Gyroscope does, it resists change in axis from the initial axis the effect was generated in. That's why when you spin a bike wheel and turn it right side up it resists any change in axis from where you set it.

From this understanding i have, i would say a more gyroscopic disc would more so resist a turn/fade caused by wind than other discs without more weight in the rim.

I'm not saying it would be completely wind resistant, but just a little more because of a larger gyro effect
Have u thrown an mvp disc that you would walk up to the tee, 15-20 mph headwind, basket is 325 and left (rhbh) and reach for with confidence?

Me either. They should make that. I dont think they can. Those are all my points in a nutshell.

This isnt about my opinion of their company or anything like that. I see that eventually there will be high demand for an OS fw/control speed driver. Im just curious how theyll do it, because gyro wants to resist fade as you say.

Last edited by Pwingles; 01-18-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwingles View Post
Get your priorities straight kid. If youre going to be a hi level fan boi/low level stalker, you cant let things like '60 hour work weeks' get in the way of KP Fap Time (capitalized to show importance)
Not saying I haven't scrolled my fair share of KP photos while at work...
Old 01-18-2013, 03:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwingles View Post
Okay, but you do understand that a headwind will make a stable disc act as if its understable, so when you say "no matter the wind" that is dumb. The wind is a huge factor in the relative stability of a disc and the flight path it will take. Its a gyro, not a laser. It doesnt just go straight until it stops.
I'll try saying it one more time, and try to word it a little better. Two disc of identical shape, one has more weight in the wing than the other, the one with more weight in the wing will be LESS affected by wind. I'm not saying it won't be affected at all, just the the gyro will make the disc less affected by wind.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:29 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikinjack View Post
I'll try saying it one more time, and try to word it a little better. Two disc of identical shape, one has more weight in the wing than the other, the one with more weight in the wing will be LESS affected by wind. I'm not saying it won't be affected at all, just the the gyro will make the disc less affected by wind.
That's exactly what im trying to say. apparently im an idiot though..

If anything the GYRO tech will allow MVP to make disc that can fight wind better than any other company out there at the moment.

The discs they have now are not Over-stable.. they havnt released anything very overstable yet except the first run Vectors.. and they fight the wind better than anything for me.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 36
Quote:
yeah, but Plex said that you wouldn't need a disc as overstable as a Boss (which isn't overstable), or XXX if it had the gyro tech. Which is basically wrong.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
I would agree in principal. Any effects of it in my experience are very negligable at this point. I havent thrown Amp or shock yet. I have thrown The rest. My experience so far is the gyro makes for a lot of lss if its not spinning like a top. Also the gyro can work against you if you overpower it or torque it, they will go flying right, lock onto that line and go. You pretty much have to throw them perfect for the desired effect, i dont find them too forgiving of under/overpowering, oat, nose angle etc.

But for somethig thats designed to do one thing (hold a line and resist turn or fade) trying to make a disc that is supposed to fade hard would be difficult.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by plex View Post
That's exactly what im trying to say. apparently im an idiot though..

If anything the GYRO tech will allow MVP to make disc that can fight wind better than any other company out there at the moment.

The discs they have now are not Over-stable.. they havnt released anything very overstable yet except the first run Vectors.. and they fight the wind better than anything for me.
1st point, jury is out but getting closer to a decision

2nd point, no

3rd point, right, theyre not overstable because that is against the nature o the gyro effect

Old 01-18-2013, 03:38 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hammer View Post
yeah, but Plex said that you wouldn't need a disc as overstable as a Boss (which isn't overstable), or XXX if it had the gyro tech. Which is basically wrong.
With GYRO tech the design wouldn't need to be as overstable in order to fight wind just as well.. thats the stance i am taking.

If you dont agree thats alright Its just my theory

Considering they havnt released anyhting overstable with high speed like a XXX neither one of us can know for sure.

its illogical to say im wrong at this point. You have no tangible evidence or research to prove my theory wrong.

If you do have proof of your claim, please present it.