Disc Golf Store
Old 01-19-2013, 10:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
Just a fun little comment about the Lace. Finally played rounds the past couple of days with friends and both times threw my Lace on long downhill holes. Different people both days said literally the same thing, "Wow that disc is straight." Too bad I was hoping the bit of head wind would flip it over a little.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: LHBH
I threw the Ibex in the field for the first time today, along with a bunch of other new discs, and all I can say is that I was wowed. It was a standout: straight as an arrow going both ways with a crosswind, and very long for a mid. I need to try it again, but I may found my new favorite mid.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
I threw the Ibex in the field for the first time today, along with a bunch of other new discs, and all I can say is that I was wowed. It was a standout: straight as an arrow going both ways with a crosswind, and very long for a mid. I need to try it again, but I may found my new favorite mid.
Yup, and just wait until you pair it with the Obex. Now I jsut can't wait form them to bring out the Mobex and Ubex.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:25 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Ibex/Obex combo is great. I throw my Ibexes (?) more than all the other molds combined.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.3
Courses Played: 92
Yeah, did field work with my Ibex and Obex today. The Ibex is all day straight. I really like the disc on wooded courses. Nothing wrong with the Obex, but the Ibex is a really special mold.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:32 PM

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHFH
I'm trying to find a disc that I like to fill the overstable midrange slot in my bag. I went out to the local course today with the Obex that I've had (but haven't really used) for a few months. It's 174g, in the medium x-link material.

When I was throwing it, I found it to be far less stable and predictable than I would have originally guessed. When I sort of 'lobbed' the disc, it would have a stable flight but when I started cranking on it the disc was less predictable. Aside from my form, which could use quite a bit of work, might some property of the disc be causing this? The only two things I could think of are the softness/springiness of the disc was causing it to deform as I put some speed on it or the grippiness of the x-link was causing problems. My buzzz flies dead straight, but is a much stiffer disc.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Got myself a nice 174 Firm Lace last night. Can't wait to find time to throw it against the D1/D4.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:33 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Firm?!? What weights did ya run across?
Old 01-21-2013, 04:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
All heavy. 173+

Old 01-21-2013, 11:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogroat View Post

When I was throwing it, I found it to be far less stable and predictable than I would have originally guessed. When I sort of 'lobbed' the disc, it would have a stable flight but when I started cranking on it the disc was less predictable. Aside from my form, which could use quite a bit of work, might some property of the disc be causing this? The only two things I could think of are the softness/springiness of the disc was causing it to deform as I put some speed on it or the grippiness of the x-link was causing problems. My buzzz flies dead straight, but is a much stiffer disc.
The Obex is predictable for me, but I have found that I have to give it a hyzer release if I really want to crank on it. That gives me a straight flight of about 275', with a good, sharp, reliable fade.
Closed Thread