Old 01-20-2013, 07:10 PM
Sophomore

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 56
Throwing Style: RHBH
I only use it if I'm thinking the wind might give my disc too much lift and it'll soar over the basket. It's not a stability thing when I'm doing it.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:11 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 49
One of the guys I play leagues with, up till last June only putted with upside down destroyers. It was a thing a beauty to watch. Anybody that played College Nationals last year probably saw Lugo putt that way.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:20 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 22.5
Courses Played: 5
I've putted upside down for years if the situation calls for it. I've only used putters so don't know about drivers. It's nice because the disc can only go down. You have to be careful of the slide on the ground though, especially hard packed dirt.

**Here's a tip that helps a lot---when holding the disc (again, putter for me) make sure your thumb is on top of the lip's edge, not down in the disc. This allows for a much cleaner release and the disc doesn't hook on your thumb.

This was shown to me by an old school gent who could putt with the best of them in any condition...he'd bang them from 30' out!!! The disc would start really high up, but again, the disc can only go downwards so no huge come backers (unless the disc slid for a while).

Hope this helps. It's a tool that can really save you some strokes when needed. Cheers!