Old 01-21-2013, 08:39 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.9
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Skype™ to samfoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcBeth View Post
i'm not a fan of the bead which is the reason i throw the P2, also has a bit more glide than the BB but may be a hair less stable
Does the bead on the Roc bother you at all?
Old 01-21-2013, 12:00 PM
.:2X World Champion Paul McBeth:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samfoy View Post
Does the bead on the Roc bother you at all?
no because it's a thinner mold and it feels better the the hand then beadless mid-ranges
Old 01-21-2013, 01:21 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 11
Throwing Style: LHBH
If you could teach any pro athlete to play DG, who would it be?
Old 01-21-2013, 07:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Do you have access to any non + mold C PDs? If so, any way I could buy a couple off of you?
Old 01-21-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SERE Nate View Post
If you could teach any pro athlete to play DG, who would it be?
just for science purposes LeBron James so we could get this "are disc golfers really athletes" question answered. if Lebron Dominates then no, if he doesn't i would have to assume yes they are.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rol6566 View Post
Do you have access to any non + mold C PDs? If so, any way I could buy a couple off of you?
i didn't realize there was +mold PDs i haven't thrown any, but i do not have any PDs for sale
Old 01-21-2013, 10:47 PM

Courses Played: 1
Hey Paul,

When you shot the 44 at Hampton Park in Charleston (a 1098 rated round BTW) What was your go to disc and are you willing to part with it or any old thrower?
Old 01-21-2013, 11:47 PM
Birdie Member

This is going to be a semi long post. I was considered one of the top players in california back in the early 90's, my PDGA # is 5932. Today when I hear the top players talk about the sport and where it is heading I keep hearing them say that the Disc Golf is still a young sport. The funny thing is, back when guys like Steve Valencia, Bamba and Steve Rico and myself were young we said the same thing and we all thought the sport had potential to get really big. We were saying that over 20 years ago. Disc Golf is no longer a young sport. We had some big sponsors back then, Budweiser is one of the first ones that come into my mind which sponsored the Bud Light Winter Time open. The sport lost that sponsor and others. Someone once asked me what I thought was the main reason the game would never get as big as others and be broadcast on television stations like ESPN etc. My answer was always the same, drug use by top players on and off the course and drug use by players in general. Many people I talk to still see the game as a hippie game or a game that stoners play. Till this day it still pisses me off to hear it referred to as that. But I see where they are coming from. From a sponsors stand point I would not want to be affiliated with any game or sport that does nothing to at least try and control the issue of drugs in our sport. I cant tell you how many times I went to tournaments and witnessed guys in their cars doing lines and smoking pot. Tournament directors where aware of this and yet never did a single thing about it and I know it still goes on today.Until the PDGA, tournament directors and players take action with this problem I cant see the sport ever gaining the recognition it deserves. My question to you as a top young player on tour is this. If you could correct this problem what steps would you take to do so? How do you think the PDGA should go about dealing with it and would you and other young players be willing to pay a much higher PDGA membership fee which would include a very in depth test on rules of the sport and a drug test. How do you feel about random drug testing throughout the course of a season if the PDGA could afford to do so?
Old 01-21-2013, 11:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 7
Franks Red Hot.. do you put that sh*t on every thing?...... sorry, I'm bored.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjRotella View Post
Hey Paul,

When you shot the 44 at Hampton Park in Charleston (a 1098 rated round BTW) What was your go to disc and are you willing to part with it or any old thrower?
i threw pretty much my whole bag there honestly it was a pretty well designed course. The drivers I was currently throwing were Star Destroyers, C-PD, Champion Teebirds, and Champion Firebird my mids were KC Rocs DX Roc and a Champion Roc3.... it was a well mixed day.
Closed Thread