Old 01-22-2013, 11:48 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAMson View Post
holy moley that image is good! i musta been smoking crack during the holidays to make that.
Sometimes, a man deserves to pat himself on the back. :hifive:
Old 01-22-2013, 12:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 60
Any comments on first runs in light weights? I got one coming eventually and am curious if anyone has comments on theses 166-169 zamp stamps. I bought it hopefully as my, turnover, anhyzer, tailwind, effortless disc but I'm curious if it will be stable at all out of the box.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:54 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menacewarf View Post
Any comments on first runs in light weights? I got one coming eventually and am curious if anyone has comments on theses 166-169 zamp stamps. I bought it hopefully as my, turnover, anhyzer, tailwind, effortless disc but I'm curious if it will be stable at all out of the box.
Lighter weights will probably turn and fade faster, but heavier weights will hold lines longer and not fade out as fast.

I like my Red 172 The most
Old 01-22-2013, 01:45 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 60
Cool. ive heard some of the lighter MVP (all?) tend to be more stable. I don't mind this at all for a disc billed as not having much fade, because IMO this will help it last/ fight wind.

I mainly bought the light one because I like the way a light disc feels coming off the hand for finesse or get out of trouble shots.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:51 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 1
i know this probably has been discussed but is the amp a good roller disc for an average strength player?
Old 02-05-2013, 08:44 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfwdscglfr View Post
i know this probably has been discussed but is the amp a good roller disc for an average strength player?
I'd say get a sidewinder or a mamba
Old 04-07-2013, 02:34 AM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 17
How are you guys liking your amps now?

I got one of the latest runs in the bag and was trying it out today, it is way more under-stable than the first runs i had before. It turned and didn't come back, the first runs always came back hard at the end.

I guess they tweaked it to make it have minimal fade, its a new disc now.

I threw it into a headwind and it flipped hard like a river.. the top of the mold looks different than my old ones, more rounded.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 12
I have a yellow first run that is only marginally different from my Volt/ first run Shock. If they did in fact tweak the Amp, I could see the 3 drivers working really well together*. (2nd run shock*)
Old 04-07-2013, 06:54 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 56
I fell in love with the Amp yesterday. First time throwing MVP and the Amp is straight into my bag; probably replacing my dx gazelles. Nice long annys, super straight hyzer flips, slow controlled hyzer as well - and this thing glides for days too!

Definitely sparked my interest in MVP, and I might have to looks as their other stuff.

Old 04-07-2013, 09:38 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
How are you guys liking your amps now?

I got one of the latest runs in the bag and was trying it out today, it is way more under-stable than the first runs i had before. It turned and didn't come back, the first runs always came back hard at the end.

I guess they tweaked it to make it have minimal fade, its a new disc now.

I threw it into a headwind and it flipped hard like a river.. the top of the mold looks different than my old ones, more rounded.
I love my Amps. They took me longer to figure out than the Volt and Shock, but now I have 2 Amps in the bag with one Volt and one Shock. I've thrown Amps anywhere from -3 to -1.5 in HSS, so stability in the ones on the shelves can be variable.

I don't think they have done any tweaking on the Amp in particular, though I'm curious to see ones start coming out without flash. When they fixed the Shock it wasn't just a molding trick, they actually got some more sensitive equipment. So it will affect the Amp/Volt somehow as well (hopefully allowing MVP to get them exactly as intended and keep them consistent), but I don't think we will see these on the shelves for a bit.