Old 01-10-2013, 06:14 PM
Eagle Member

it's a stasik avy!! and i love me some stasik!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2013, 12:10 PM

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: RHFH
This is a sweet bag! i had the opportunity to put all the stuff in my bag in one of these things and try it on and it was very comfortable. i would say more comfortable than the grip bag and has more pockets for birdie bags, towels, snacks, etc. Its an awesome bag and the guy who makes them is a great guy and stands by his products if there ever is a issue. its super comfortable with plenty of space for discs and more and by a very good company. im definitely ordering one of these bags
Old 01-22-2013, 12:31 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by codus1984 View Post
it's a stasik avy!! and i love me some stasik!!!
I don't know what Stasik is, but they are borrowing their logo style from Slayer. If you like heavy metal or Thrash music, you need to check out some Slayer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danomite21 View Post
This is a sweet bag! i had the opportunity to put all the stuff in my bag in one of these things and try it on and it was very comfortable. i would say more comfortable than the grip bag and has more pockets for birdie bags, towels, snacks, etc. Its an awesome bag and the guy who makes them is a great guy and stands by his products if there ever is a issue. its super comfortable with plenty of space for discs and more and by a very good company. im definitely ordering one of these bags
This is good news. I am planning on getting this bag as well.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:39 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan H. View Post
I don't know what Stasik is, but they are borrowing their logo style from Slayer. If you like heavy metal or Thrash music, you need to check out some Slayer.
Ryan Stasik is the bass player for the prog rock band Umphrey's McGee
Old 01-22-2013, 02:52 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by danomite21 View Post
What do you carry in your bag? Number of discs, water, towels, etc?
Old 01-22-2013, 03:26 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by throwfromthewoods View Post
Ryan Stasik is the bass player for the prog rock band Umphrey's McGee
I don't mean to derail the thread, but I'm not that familiar with prog other than Rush and a little Dream Theater. Is Umphrey's McGee really popular enough for their bassist to have his own logo? Or is there another, lesser known band called Stasik. I didn't look very hard but I couldn't find one.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 59
Quote:
What's Slayer?
Old 01-22-2013, 06:35 PM

Quote:
I'm excited about it. I love my 8-Frame bag by Big Hyzer and I've been looking at getting a backpack style bag sometime in the future. If this had a built in seat I'd be all for it. I've been rocking the 8-Frame for about 9 months and I still love it. Big Hyzer makes great bags.
this^^ but i do agree that designs areonly getting less functional
Old 01-22-2013, 08:22 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
I don't mean to derail the thread, but I'm not that familiar with prog other than Rush and a little Dream Theater. Is Umphrey's McGee really popular enough for their bassist to have his own logo? Or is there another, lesser known band called Stasik. I didn't look very hard but I couldn't find one.
yea stasik is the bassist....he's a big slayer fan...i know who slayer is..he probably had nothing to do with the logo...just thought it was cool

Old 01-22-2013, 08:42 PM
Suffers from Delusions of Grandeur

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
from the pictures there could be alot of design flaws with proper weight distribution depending how you set it up. and there are some inconveniences that one will constantly have to deal with. Bottom portion will be annoying to access for those that throw a wide range of discs per round. the main compartment will not to be unzipped and zipped almost every time you put it on your back. access to the bag with the rain guard will expose the inside of your bag. Where are you supposed to put your things? in the exposed mesh pocket? sorry but I don't want my valuables completely exposed to everyone like that.
i do like the hip pads and shoulder straps though. Like a proper hiking bag. So a step in the right direction.