#51  
Old 01-10-2013, 06:14 PM
codus1984's Avatar
codus1984 codus1984 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pekin, Illinois
Posts: 969
it's a stasik avy!! and i love me some stasik!!!
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-22-2013, 12:10 PM
danomite21's Avatar
danomite21 danomite21 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Always in the Basket
Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 13
This is a sweet bag! i had the opportunity to put all the stuff in my bag in one of these things and try it on and it was very comfortable. i would say more comfortable than the grip bag and has more pockets for birdie bags, towels, snacks, etc. Its an awesome bag and the guy who makes them is a great guy and stands by his products if there ever is a issue. its super comfortable with plenty of space for discs and more and by a very good company. im definitely ordering one of these bags
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-22-2013, 12:31 PM
Dan H.'s Avatar
Dan H. Dan H. is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 80
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by codus1984 View Post
it's a stasik avy!! and i love me some stasik!!!
I don't know what Stasik is, but they are borrowing their logo style from Slayer. If you like heavy metal or Thrash music, you need to check out some Slayer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danomite21 View Post
This is a sweet bag! i had the opportunity to put all the stuff in my bag in one of these things and try it on and it was very comfortable. i would say more comfortable than the grip bag and has more pockets for birdie bags, towels, snacks, etc. Its an awesome bag and the guy who makes them is a great guy and stands by his products if there ever is a issue. its super comfortable with plenty of space for discs and more and by a very good company. im definitely ordering one of these bags
This is good news. I am planning on getting this bag as well.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-22-2013, 12:39 PM
throwfromthewoods's Avatar
throwfromthewoods throwfromthewoods is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Albany, NY
Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan H. View Post
I don't know what Stasik is, but they are borrowing their logo style from Slayer. If you like heavy metal or Thrash music, you need to check out some Slayer.
Ryan Stasik is the bass player for the prog rock band Umphrey's McGee
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-22-2013, 02:52 PM
TonyAPE12's Avatar
TonyAPE12 TonyAPE12 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Years Playing: 5.7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by danomite21 View Post
This is a sweet bag! i had the opportunity to put all the stuff in my bag in one of these things and try it on and it was very comfortable. i would say more comfortable than the grip bag and has more pockets for birdie bags, towels, snacks, etc. Its an awesome bag and the guy who makes them is a great guy and stands by his products if there ever is a issue. its super comfortable with plenty of space for discs and more and by a very good company. im definitely ordering one of these bags
What do you carry in your bag? Number of discs, water, towels, etc?
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-22-2013, 03:26 PM
Dan H.'s Avatar
Dan H. Dan H. is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 80
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by throwfromthewoods View Post
Ryan Stasik is the bass player for the prog rock band Umphrey's McGee
I don't mean to derail the thread, but I'm not that familiar with prog other than Rush and a little Dream Theater. Is Umphrey's McGee really popular enough for their bassist to have his own logo? Or is there another, lesser known band called Stasik. I didn't look very hard but I couldn't find one.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-22-2013, 03:49 PM
heartman's Avatar
heartman heartman is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Athens, GA
Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 59
Posts: 1,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan H. View Post
I don't know what Stasik is, but they are borrowing their logo style from Slayer. If you like heavy metal or Thrash music, you need to check out some Slayer.
What's Slayer?
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01-22-2013, 06:35 PM
Kevlar7861 Kevlar7861 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Dayton Ohio
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan H. View Post
I'm excited about it. I love my 8-Frame bag by Big Hyzer and I've been looking at getting a backpack style bag sometime in the future. If this had a built in seat I'd be all for it. I've been rocking the 8-Frame for about 9 months and I still love it. Big Hyzer makes great bags.
this^^ but i do agree that designs areonly getting less functional
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01-22-2013, 08:22 PM
codus1984's Avatar
codus1984 codus1984 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pekin, Illinois
Posts: 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan H. View Post
I don't mean to derail the thread, but I'm not that familiar with prog other than Rush and a little Dream Theater. Is Umphrey's McGee really popular enough for their bassist to have his own logo? Or is there another, lesser known band called Stasik. I didn't look very hard but I couldn't find one.
yea stasik is the bassist....he's a big slayer fan...i know who slayer is..he probably had nothing to do with the logo...just thought it was cool
Reply With Quote
 

  #60  
Old 01-22-2013, 08:42 PM
smyith's Avatar
smyith smyith is offline
Suffers from Delusions of Grandeur
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
from the pictures there could be alot of design flaws with proper weight distribution depending how you set it up. and there are some inconveniences that one will constantly have to deal with. Bottom portion will be annoying to access for those that throw a wide range of discs per round. the main compartment will not to be unzipped and zipped almost every time you put it on your back. access to the bag with the rain guard will expose the inside of your bag. Where are you supposed to put your things? in the exposed mesh pocket? sorry but I don't want my valuables completely exposed to everyone like that.
i do like the hip pads and shoulder straps though. Like a proper hiking bag. So a step in the right direction.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.