Old 01-22-2013, 11:56 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Discs fly different in the 25mph winds we have weekly. I still throw

I make my throwing conditions clear upfront. I also sell discs for a living. My way of approaching the testing of MVP is different. I test as a DN rep, not as a fan(but I am a fan)

Last edited by zj1002; 01-22-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:01 AM
Double Eagle Member

Also your review in 40 degrees might be exactly what someone wanted to hear. The more variation the better. There probably is a reason MVP testers cover different regions. We each appeal to a different crowd and most of us have retailer affiliations

Last edited by zj1002; 01-23-2013 at 12:04 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:10 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by zj1002 View Post
Also your review in 40 degrees might be exactly what someone wanted to hear. The more variation the better. There probably is a reason MVP testers cover different regions. We each appeal to a different crowd and most of us have retailer affiliations
I couldn't agree more.

While wind obviously has a big difference on flight I think elevation and temperature are generally overvalued in terms of influence. And like I said, if it is different test it!
Old 01-23-2013, 12:12 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
Does Justin still only accept PayPal?
you can use a credit card, it just bills through . that's how iI do it when iI order from him
Old 01-23-2013, 12:18 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue9 View Post
you can use a credit card, it just bills through . that's how iI do it when iI order from him
Sweet! I'll have to see if Community Discs is all it's cracked up to be. Time to get me some Shocks!
Old 01-23-2013, 12:22 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 136
Send a message via AIM to New013
if i were a mod i'd make sure we all got fact driven threads and free healthcare.

New013 for Mod in 2013!!!
Old 01-23-2013, 12:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by zj1002 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menacewarf View Post
I couldn't agree more.

While wind obviously has a big difference on flight I think elevation and temperature are generally overvalued in terms of influence. And like I said, if it is different test it!
Along with the usual, wind/humidity/temp/elevation variables, there is also the variable of clothing during the winter. When it's cold out you can throw the same as you would in warmer temps due to all the layers you have on trying to keep warm. You can't get your same mechanics going. It's a completely different ball game in the cold. Especially when trying to give detailed reviews on something when you know it'll be near impossible to get any consistency out of yourself.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:34 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
Along with the usual, wind/humidity/temp/elevation variables, there is also the variable of clothing during the winter. When it's cold out you can throw the same as you would in warmer temps due to all the layers you have on trying to keep warm. You can't get your same mechanics going. It's a completely different ball game in the cold. Especially when trying to give detailed reviews on something when you know it'll be near impossible to get any consistency out of yourself.
So I guess MikeC will have to wait until he can take his shirt off again for a video?
Old 01-23-2013, 01:08 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
I think if you make the conditions known up front no one will hold it against you. People from varying climes might like to know how it'll fly for them now, and maybe hold off till spring to actually purchase.

Personally, when I come on here looking for a disc I want to buy, I look at a variety of reviews, and that is the perspective you can add to.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:07 PM
Double Eagle Member

Really enjoying the shock for stable FH shots

Paired with the volt, I was covering all types of FH shots up to 325ft. My FH isn't very big, usually just placement shots. I find that the MVP drivers fly more true stable than most discs. Not as touchy with unintentional torque