Old 01-17-2013, 02:04 PM

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHBH
Thanks for the kind words guys. We have done quite of bit of work to this course and we are pretty impressed with some of the changes as well as ideas to come in the future.

We do have alternate pins that just got put in place this week and are cleared and read to play. They are organized by A/B locations. A being the easier of the two and B being hard of the two. We did this so at any time we can move the baskets around and you can play the course based on difficulty specs. We tried to move the baskets in opposite locations so that when approaching the hole it can be played completely different from the previous location. Lets face it when you go to some courses these days with alternate pin locations its either 30ft to the right or 30ft further back. We did not want that.
There was also a lot of thought on the White/Blue teepad combination because some parks play directly behind one another and on the same lines just further back. We tried for the most part to throw the blues on opposite lines so that with the White/Blue A/B combination you could have 4 completely different ways to play every hole.

Say you get dropped of in the middle of a park somewhere and you play 3-4 holes. Most parks these days are defined by their themed layout and they stick to it 80% of the time. We considered this as well when it came to diversity and the land. Edmund's is not just a wooded juggernaut, or a bomb hole course, or just a risk/reward, or a get in the rough your screwed course its all of that in one. You can hit big drives, tackle tight lines, risk your favorite bee line driver towards the water, and miss on an elevated basket and roll away 40ft from the basket type of course. There is something for everyone at this course. You will not find any other course so different in this area!

There are still some changes that are being made and pieces we are missing to say "ok... here it is are masterpiece", but its coming along . Our themed basket color is going to be a bright day glow green. Poles will be green/ rods for flags green/ and flags green and black so these will stand out where ever you play on the course. (Nothing more annoying than playing a wooded course without some color!)

The blue pads are still being cleared and leveled but hopefully with in the next year or so we will consider concrete pads for them as well.

New scorecards are being designed right now and they will compliment the beauty of the course.

Eventually we will add 2 more holes in the woods to be an even 10/10 relationship of woods to field holes in the end.

We're hoping to have a non-sanctioned tournament this spring/summer for getting a feel on how the course plays and such. We also are curious to see how many people we can pull, and money could be a prize during this event.

Lastly we do realize that some parts of this course are open but during a tournament this will change by adding O.B's like narrowing fairways, creeks being out of bounds, and some island green placement shots as well as maybe a clown's mouth type of triple mando. Were just going to try to have fun with it and get some feedback.

Just a few numbers here: White pads to all A locations: 6,219 feet B locations: 7,034
Blue pads to all A locations: 7,467 feet and B locations: 8,317
Blues's to all long basket locations would be 8,462 feet

Overall I'm very pleased with the work we have done (so is my partner and the huge laborer Bill Shortt) and I know this course can be one of the best in Virginia after we are done. We encourage all to come and play and we love feedback!
Old 01-17-2013, 02:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 35
Y'all talk funny in that part of VA.

My dad doesn't live too far from there. I guess I can cruise up there when we visit again.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:55 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 37
I can say that this course will be a staple of each of my trips home. I usually fly into raleigh and drive back to VA. I did that this year for the first time and really enjoyed the course.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:21 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 31
Might have to stop in S. Boston this year on the way to Martinsville. Been wanting to play the courses other then the one in Martinsville but the timing usually doesn't work out.