Old 01-24-2013, 03:20 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 80
Lucas, I think you just got a freakishly flippy Ascent. I haven't seen any that fly like that. This is the first time I've ever heard of it which is pretty good considering I've seen plenty of Innova discs that didn't fly like they were supposed to. Interested in selling it?
Old 01-24-2013, 03:24 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHFH
It all depends on your throwing style. I hear people talk about the wasp. When I use it, it never leaves my hand right and barley sails 100 foot for me. Yet I turn to ascent for forehand shots and it holds a pretty straight line. Every disc has potential as long as you figure it out. Except a groove. Well it does work well as a plate on the course.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:42 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
Vibram DG Mix Tape

Hey everyone, I threw together a video today featuring me playing some local courses over the last week or two with my Vibram discs. I figured I'd share it with the Vibram thread. Keep in mind that I'm not a very good discer, or video editor/maker for that matter. Enjoy!

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 62
soft vibram is 9.99 at marshall street right now

just sayin
Old 01-24-2013, 04:20 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dehaas View Post

just sayin
Haha, I've got all the softs I need but I'll probably order 2 or 3 more anyways.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 62
yeah, i've got a few molds in soft. there are a few courses around here with several holes on really slanted greens so i really like carrying a soft summit and vp for when my shots need to stick. picked up a few others to try out, figured for the price why not.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by dehaas View Post

just sayin
Thanks for the heads up. I ordered some more Ibex, a VP, Sole and Ridge.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:24 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasP View Post
Did you even read my post. My ascent is super flippy. My trak is actually unthrowable. Back hand it hits the ground at about 150 and then skids to about 175. I'm not joking when I say unthrowable.
Whoa take it easy. I meant nothing by it. Regardless of the disc the concepts still apply! Like someone else already said, you might just have a bad disc. There are still a ton of throws you can do with a flippy disc. Personal experience.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasP View Post
Did you even read my post. My ascent is super flippy. My trak is actually unthrowable. Back hand it hits the ground at about 150 and then skids to about 175. I'm not joking when I say unthrowable.
Holy crap man, cool your jets. Nothing is unthrowable, people just are too stubborn to learn them enough to know how to throw them, and from the hostility in your posts, I'm sure that's your problem.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:26 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowVibram View Post
Whoa take it easy. I meant nothing by it. Regardless of the disc the concepts still apply! Like someone else already said, you might just have a bad disc. There are still a ton of throws you can do with a flippy disc. Personal experience.
That did come off bad. I apologize. But it really is unthrowable. I do feild work 3 days a week. I love to throw the vibrams just to try and get them to fly. That's how I found out my trak is wicked awesome at thumbers. They were the first two vibrams I ordered back in July. I've had a ton of patience with them. Idk if it was something in shipping or just a couple random bad discs. They in no way affect how I feel about vibram. Love the lace and sole.
Closed Thread